This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I fail to read a sign.

Last week, I received a call supposedly from my bank saying that there was something amiss with my debit card and to 'press 1' to fix it. I, naturally, did not press 1. Instead, I hung up and made a note to investigate this further. Luckily, my bank has an office on campus, so I went in there after I did my routine at the track. I approached the desk, explained about what happened, and asked what I should do...

...and I completely failed to notice that, not even six inches to my left, was a sign hanging from the wall saying that there was a scam going around and that, if people receive these calls, they should just hang up if it's a machine or tell the person "I'll look into it with my local branch, thanks" if they get a person. I had a good laugh about it with the lady at the counter and, just to be safe, did get my stuff looked at just in case (and, thankfully, there was nothing wrong with my card).
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)
Working...
X