This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That isn't what I meant...

I ended up going food shopping alone yesterday as hubby wasn't feeling well so stayed in the car rather than zombie-ing after me.

I got to the tills at the main shop and by that time I'd had:
    - forgotten to go to the pharmacy at shop 1 since so many people were making me dodge them that I'd got flustered.

-almost been run over by someone at shop 1 when they started reversing just as I walked behind their car - before they started reversing they hadn't even had any indication anyone was in the car or that the engine was on. Whilst stepping back to avoid that had a driver screech to a halt behind me coming down the car park lane because I was near to stepping in his path - luckily he smiled to indicate that he realised why I'd done that and to go across in front of him (which I didn't trust myself now so went round the back of him instead).

- had a problem with people having four person discussions taking up all the room in the aisle with their trolleys (imagine a + sign with the four people standing in the middle and the trolleys splaying out from them) so trying to get to the shelf I needed managed to almost push my trolley into someone (but just about stopped as it touched them). The talkers just ignored my pleas for them to move or that anyone was trying to get by and continued on about 'aunt mavis' or some such subject.

-the trolley as it got loaded went lame and wasn't steering correctly. Therefore I had a frustrated "get out of my way because I can't get out of yours" look on my face. People did start getting out of my way quicker but probably thought I was in a foul mood rather than struggling to control the trolley and concentrating on not hitting them.

-I'd got meds at the pharmacy desk in Main Shop and then realised - after I had the lame trolley - that I'd forgotten his throat losanges so had to go back.

On top of that I was exhausted as I'm getting over what hubby has and I'm really tired and cranky with it.

The cashier asked me a question - I can't remember what - and I gave a reply like "I'm really looking forward to getting home and dropping on the sofa with a bottle of wine"

Cashier: Busy/stressful day?
    Me: Yeah, hubby has left me to do shopping all by myself and I'm not really up to dealing with people. (meaning meandering shoppers and trolley-blockers etc.)
    Cashier:*catbuttface* well, sorry about that.

I'm assuming that either she thought 1)I didn't want to deal with her and considered her a problem or 2) I thought she didn't count as "people" in a SC thinking staff = less than human way.

I did try to correct myself but can't remember what I said, she seemed mollified but now I feel like a jerk.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 01-29-2012, 10:20 AM.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi
Working...
X