This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's My Sign?

First, background and a confession: Sapphire Silk, while you were gone last weekend I borrowed your truck to take that bunch of carpet in my garage to the dump. I put air in your tire while I was out, though.

/bg + confession

So I drive up to the dump with my Evil Princess sitting beside me to help unload. The place has a new facility with a sweet setup that's much better than their old layout. You drive your vehicle up on the scales and that puts the driver parallel with the office so you can speak to the cashier at her window without having to get out of your vehicle. So I roll down my window to find out where to dump the carpet and the lady asks me what kind of vehicle I'm driving. I look her dead in the eyes and reply in my best obliviously helpful voice:

"A truck."

The cashier just waits politely for my braincells to kick in while my daughter busts up laughing. When the neurons start firing, I give her the answer she's looking for and tell her the make and model of the truck.

As I drove away I could hear Bill Engval's voice in my head: "Here's your sign."
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Ah I've done that wait before. Usually when someone askes me if I'm delivering their mail or not. Usually if I just stare at them long enough with a raised eyebrow I'll get a address. Most often tho, well lately, they get huffy with me and I'll tell them, "I don't know because I don't know you or your address." Dang my mental powers not being in yet.

Comment

Working...
    X