X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Lady Backstory

This is really interesting.

I'm not going to lie, everyone I work with knows my bad blood with my former shift lead, Crazy Lady. Many others have their own stories to tell. She's just that bad.

Well, our newest shift lead is quite the "Yes man" and is kind of worried about his reputation, warned me that I needed to quit telling stories of Crazy Lady, because of something that happened to her years ago.

And this explains why. Why after all these years and trips to HR, she's bulletproof and won't get fired.

Years ago, someone hated her so much (surprise surprise, right?), that they went above and beyond just hating her or bitching about her. They made a threat towards her that was overheard by someone else, and that person was fired later that day.

So...no matter what, she's always been seen as the victim. It's not right to threaten your coworkers, no matter how bad they are, but damn if I don't blame someone for hating her that much.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Wow. We're going through something kind of similar at my work. Sort of a big deal with management that is also setting the union people on edge. Always fun when that happens.

Comment

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but that's ridiculous. It was probably handled properly back then (since obviously the details are unknown, I'm going to say 'probably' since who knows what actually occurred ...) but there's no way she should still be bulletproof years later. Methinks they need to get some better legal advice.

Comment

They can't tell the difference between "Crazy Lady does this and this and this and needs to be stopped" - and - "I'ma kill you"?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's a thing I was warned about long ago, was that the first person to go to HR usually gets believed, it's the other person's job to prove they didn't do what was said.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            It's a thing I was warned about long ago, was that the first person to go to HR usually gets believed, it's the other person's job to prove they didn't do what was said.
            Also known as Wagegoth's First Law of HR.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Right.

And then henceforth, even if people went to HR on her later on, they still have that documented story from years ago about someone who threatened her life at work.

I mean, honestly, my last boss got to a point where she told us that were just picking on her and needed to stop complaining about her, because she didn't want to hear it anymore.

Honestly, the best job for Crazy Lady would be a basketball coach. Seriously. She's the type of screaming, shouting, arm flaring psycho that would really pump the team up.
              Last edited by blas; 04-09-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

You mean a basketball coach like this, perhaps? (There's ads, sorry.)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/476027#i0,p0,d1
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
                X