This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted suicide at the motel

So yeah. Earlier this week Head Housekeeper was knocking on doors at checkout, and came upon a guest who simply would not wake up. Boss Lady went up and was unable to rouse the guest, so an ambulance was called.

The guest's fiance came down today to get her things and gave us an update. She's still in the hospital in a coma. She swallowed a bunch of pills. Apparently she was working in the US but was living in Canada, and was turned away at the border (for reasons I won't detail here because they are better suited for Fratching), and after that decided to try and off herself in one of our rooms. I'm sure she had other issues and that was just the final straw.

She's still technically alive. I guess they won't know of any permanent damage until she wakes up, though. Since the fiance came and got all her stuff already, we'll probably never find out on our end.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Head Housekeeper since the incident, but I will see her today. Hopefully she's okay about it. (I've dealt with my fair share of ODs and other guest medical incidents here so even though I didn't work that day, I can certainly relate...though from what I understand it's not Head Housekeeper's first rodeo, either.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Seeing that would really mess me up. Poor housekeeper.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh no I hope it turns out ok for her.
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        I haven't had a chance to talk to Head Housekeeper since the incident, but I will see her today. Hopefully she's okay about it. (I've dealt with my fair share of ODs and other guest medical incidents here so even though I didn't work that day, I can certainly relate...though from what I understand it's not Head Housekeeper's first rodeo, either.)
        Even if it's not the first time, that's still very rough. Does your company offer counseling to employees who have to deal with this?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X