Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard the meeting was to take place on a yacht - and I believe it's name was Cutty Sark. The man at the helm? Captain Morgan, of course.
    Last edited by wolfie; 01-02-2014, 06:07 AM. Reason: Remembered an extra immediately after hitting "post".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Another quotable from Goodhair today, fitting the theme:

"That deal cost me a hundred dollar bar tab."
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
        Another quotable from Goodhair today, fitting the theme:

"That deal cost me a hundred dollar bar tab."
        Now how much will it cost the bank in bad loans?
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
          Now how much will it cost the bank in bad loans?
          That's a good question.

I'm going to try to give a more complete update now. The past few weeks both feel like a lot has happened, but when I sum up, maybe it won't seem like so much.

My boss took vacation all of Christmas week, so we got a taste of what it's going to be like without her here. The good news is I think I can handle it. The bad news is I was horrendously busy, and this week I felt like I was playing catch-up. We got 9 more of the tribal loans in, and I closed them all in a week and a half (except for the one that's still out in the mail). I had to finish up IRA required minimum distributions, and I had two customers come in on the 31st to do additional IRA transactions on the last possible day. Also, Goodhair closed a loan for a commercial property that the tribe owns, but provided minimal information for us to get it booked on our system, so I spent a significant portion of time working with a coworker on that.

Before my boss left on vacation, she told me in confidence that the bank was going to offer me the loan officer position, if I was interested. She said that she and Goodhair would be talking with me about it that afternoon. That never happened. They still haven't officially offered me the position, so I haven't been able to ask about a raise or title or training or lending limits or registering with the NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry) so I can do personal mortgages. There's just been general talk of me being busier with loans with my former boss only working 2 days a week.

Goodhair hired a part-timer. A friend of his. He highly recommends her, though that says nothing to me. It sounds like she's retired from one of the banks he used to work at. He makes it sound like she'll be able to fill in wherever needed - the teller line, new deposit accounts, even with loans. I doubt she'll be all that.

It looks like I didn't mention the situation with cleaning staff. For many years (certainly the 14 years since I started), and up until a few months ago, we had the same cleaning woman. She decided to retire (good for her!) and we hired the woman who used to fill in for her when she took time off. That didn't work out, and just after Thanksgiving, we let her go. So for the moment, we're without cleaning staff, and we employees have been doing our share of vacuuming, mopping, and dusting. Not Goodhair, though. He normally leaves half an hour before we close, so he doesn't have to help clean. He even made a comment that "we" could just keep cleaning ourselves. (Including himself in that "we" even though he never cleans.) He nearly had a mutiny to deal with. So now he's getting bids for a new cleaning person or service.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
            Also, Goodhair closed a loan for a commercial property that the tribe owns, but provided minimal information for us to get it booked on our system, so I spent a significant portion of time working with a coworker on that.
            Yet another "winner" no doubt...

Quoth Ghel View Post
            Goodhair hired a part-timer. A friend of his. He highly recommends her, though that says nothing to me. It sounds like she's retired from one of the banks he used to work at. He makes it sound like she'll be able to fill in wherever needed - the teller line, new deposit accounts, even with loans. I doubt she'll be all that.
            I wonder what she has on Goodhair, or if it's something else

Quoth Ghel View Post
            So for the moment, we're without cleaning staff, and we employees have been doing our share of vacuuming, mopping, and dusting. Not Goodhair, though. He normally leaves half an hour before we close, so he doesn't have to help clean. He even made a comment that "we" could just keep cleaning ourselves. (Including himself in that "we" even though he never cleans.) He nearly had a mutiny to deal with. So now he's getting bids for a new cleaning person or service.
            Isn't that nice of him? I'm glad for the mutiny, otherwise the situation would never improve...

Best of luck on the new job, although with Goodhair around is it worth taking it?

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
              So for the moment, we're without cleaning staff, and we employees have been doing our share of vacuuming, mopping, and dusting. Not Goodhair, though. He normally leaves half an hour before we close, so he doesn't have to help clean. He even made a comment that "we" could just keep cleaning ourselves. (Including himself in that "we" even though he never cleans.) He nearly had a mutiny to deal with.
              I believe Catbert referred to it as "Trashercise". As for Goodhair, he's too busy "cleaning you out" by writing bad loans - why should he do any other cleaning?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• At the loan committee meeting this morning, Goodhair again mentioned that I would be busier with loans, but no word on me being allowed to approve loans. He said that my former boss' lending limits would remain the same, but nothing about me having lending limits. He also said that he wanted to review all the loans I do, with the excuse that he wants to be aware of the loans we're doing. Though he said that he trusts my judgment, I got the impression that he really doesn't.

I did mention to my former boss yesterday that I'm disappointed that I haven't officially been offered the position. I complained that I feel like there's no way I can talk about title, training, or a raise without seeming pushy. If they expect me to handle more responsibility without making it official, that's BS.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• The entire situation sucks swamp water, they want to dump the work on you without things like titles and renumeriation. Ummm...thanks but no thanks, I'm not taking on that responsibility without the clout to do it _and_ adequate pay! Hopefully your former boss can go to bat for you.

Let me get this straight, Goodhair wants to review your loans? Who is the is checking _his_ loans?!? Oh, that's right, NOBODY!!!

Comment

• Oh, I almost forgot. One of the people at the main branch is reviewing all the appraisals done in 2013. She asked for copies of the appraisals on one of Goodhair's loans - the one that we bought from another bank, on which the checking account is constantly overdrawn. He sent the appraisal for the personal property to the main branch for review, but not the appraisal for the business property. And he used a year-old appraisal that was done for the bank we bought the loan from. That should be a BIG red flag.
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                      Oh, I almost forgot. One of the people at the main branch is reviewing all the appraisals done in 2013. She asked for copies of the appraisals on one of Goodhair's loans - the one that we bought from another bank, on which the checking account is constantly overdrawn. He sent the appraisal for the personal property to the main branch for review, but not the appraisal for the business property. And he used a year-old appraisal that was done for the bank we bought the loan from. That should be a BIG red flag.
                      PLEASE tell us that somebody at the main branch has started putting the pieces together and Goodhair starts getting scrutinized...

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        PLEASE tell us that somebody at the main branch has started putting the pieces together and Goodhair starts getting scrutinized...
                        that may be a bit much too hope for. the big wigs have sealed themselves off from the situation they created. i've no reason to expect that they'll listen to anyone else's warning. but, maybe it's time to get that list ready, Ghel, just in case - the one of all the people you've tried to speak to about goodhair's risky business. i have a feeling that if somebody DOES notice, the organic matter may start flying.

Comment

• "He also said that he wanted to review all the loans I do, with the excuse that he wants to be aware of the loans we're doing. Though he said that he trusts my judgment, I got the impression that he really doesn't. "

My hinky meter is going off.

Document, and photocopy everything before showing it to him. He may be setting you up so he can "take over" your loans and wind up getting the credit for them. Don't communicate anything to him except with e-mail, and cc yourself every time. If you can't manage that, keep a diary!
                          I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                          - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

• Quoth paxillated View Post
                            "He also said that he wanted to review all the loans I do, with the excuse that he wants to be aware of the loans we're doing. Though he said that he trusts my judgment, I got the impression that he really doesn't. "

My hinky meter is going off.

Document, and photocopy everything before showing it to him. He may be setting you up so he can "take over" your loans and wind up getting the credit for them. Don't communicate anything to him except with e-mail, and cc yourself every time. If you can't manage that, keep a diary!
                            i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that something's a little screwy with that 'promotion'. i was worried that my own recent go-round with my ex-boss had jaded me* and therefore i didn't want to say anything. at the very least i suspect goodhair might attempt to use the promotion he 'recommended' as leverage. the very fact that goodhair is involved in it is cause for suspicion.

*quick version: the 'promotion' i was offered was nothing more than an attempt at payroll control and when i turned it down i was fired. if you want the whole sordid saga, see the thread 'weekend from hell' in MIM. it's a doozie.

Comment

• I don't need this stress. I've made a couple of hints this week that I don't feel like I've received enough training to do mortgage loans, and Goodhair has just brushed them off.

Then today, he handed me a fundraiser flyer for some local person's cancer benefit and told me to write them a $25 check. I know how the folks at the main branch complain whenever we do anything independently, so I said, "that normally goes through <main branch>." Goodhair told me to just do it. I said "ok." Then he spent the next 5 minutes rambling about how the bank president and the senior loan officer are buddies of his, and how things are going to change, and how he ran a bank for 25 years so he "knows the drill." Knows how to handle corporate politics, more like.

But this makes me think that I shouldn't be hinting that I'm not quite qualified for the job they want me to do, or that I don't have the training or experience needed to make loan decisions. I'm not sure I want to continue working here, but I want that to be my decision, not Goodhair's.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I think the 'ol resume should be polished up before he REALLY screws you over.
                                Last edited by Tama; 01-09-2014, 03:48 PM. Reason: dumb autocorrect
                                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                                X