Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, trying to make sure all of his antics point back to him.

Another slightly squicky comment from Goodhair as he was heading out to meetings this morning: "Call the cell if you get lonesome."
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
      Yeah, trying to make sure all of his antics point back to him.
      Very wise of you...

Quoth Ghel View Post
      Another slightly totally squicky comment from Goodhair as he was heading out to meetings this morning: "Call the cell if you get lonesome."
      Fixed that for ya! Seriously, I'm waiting for him to try this with the wrong woman and get slapped for his sleaziness.

Comment

• Some small suggestions:
        1. (for documentation purposes) After a verbal meeting with him where you feel uncomfortable with something he's asking you to do on a loan or he's made a verbal promise to you that you want to hold him accountable to: Send an e-mail to him.
          "Goodhair, I really appreciate your promise today to talk with the board about making sure I have proper education for the new position of Loan Originator I'll be taking on. Please let me know when I can sign up for classes"
          That way you a) remind him b) have a timestamp of when you talked about something in case he claims to never have talked about it and c) are "showing your appreciation" (I'm guessing this guy loves feeling loved - just try not to be too snarky)
        2. Indeed.com and some other job sites can actually allow you to set up job searches and they'll e-mail you all the jobs found in a certain area that meet your requirements. Something to consider to have it working for you instead of you trying to find everything.
        3. On that same note: be careful about flinging your resume out on the internet. A lot of companies (I don't know if your bank does this but I know some of the ones out here in California do) actually have their HR people search out employees names to see if any of their employees are actively looking.

Hang in there!
        A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

• Any news on Hubby's job yet?

Comment

• Hubby heard back from one of the two companies that he did in-person interviews with. They decided to change their requirements for the job to place the emphasis on a programming language that Hubby is unfamiliar with, rather than their previous requirements that focused on a programming language that Hubby is very familiar with.

We haven't heard back from the other company yet, but Hubby continues to apply for jobs. Hopefully something will work out soon.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
              Hubby heard back from one of the two companies that he did in-person interviews with. They decided to change their requirements for the job to place the emphasis on a programming language that Hubby is unfamiliar with, rather than their previous requirements that focused on a programming language that Hubby is very familiar with.

We haven't heard back from the other company yet, but Hubby continues to apply for jobs. Hopefully something will work out soon.
              Ghel, we're all sending ya the good vibes. I hope you get some good news very soon.

Comment

• Thanks. I really appreciate the moral support.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I'm still kind of pissed off that Goodhair never suggested or offered that I move into my old boss' office, which has been empty for months. I finally forced the issue yesterday, when the IT guy came from the main branch with new PCs for everybody.

The reason for the new PCs isn't that our old ones weren't working, though they were slow. It was because they had to upgrade us to Windows 7 machines because Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP. But I digress.

I figured that if I was moving into the old boss' office, it would make more sense to have my new PC set up there first thing. So I informed (didn't ask) Goodhair that I was moving into the office and having the IT guy set up my PC there. He looked a little surprised, but didn't object.

I had to take down one of the two pieces of artwork in the office. They're both hunting themed, but the one showing the two moose about to rut had to come down. That piece of artwork has been there for longer than I've worked here, more than 15 years, and I've always thought it was creepy. I offered it to Goodhair, since his office has no artwork, and he declined. So I stuffed it under the stairs in the basement.

I'm pretty much moved into my new office now. I'll probably remember things I forgot to move as I go, but that's ok. It's nice to actually have an office. It's one of the only two offices in the branch with doors that can be closed, though the only reason I'd close it is if a customer feels the need for additional privacy for their financial transaction.
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Congrats on the new office!

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                      The reason for the new PCs isn't that our old ones weren't working, though they were slow. It was because they had to upgrade us to Windows 7 machines because Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP.
                      They should have put something like CrunchBang Linux on them, it's lightweight and would make them feel faster, and would have cost them no money at all. Or do they have special software they have to run, like in house stuff?

Comment

• There's at least a dozen different pieces of proprietary software that we have to use on a regular basis. Most of them don't work right by themselves, much less together.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Congrats on the office. About time.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                            There's at least a dozen different pieces of proprietary software that we have to use on a regular basis. Most of them don't work right by themselves, much less together.
                            The fact that they got it all to work at all on a newer version of windows is probably a minor miracle on it's own.
                            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

• Well, there's a few things not working quite right, and one piece of software that wasn't installed. I left the IT guy an email, and he's supposed to be able to remote in and fix it. But he's only there twice a week, so it got put off until Monday.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Things have settled down here in Officeland for the most part.

This week, though, something worth mentioning happened. You see, Goodhair has been working with a regional assisted living company. They have assisted living facilities across the northern part of the state, and they've decided to open one in the town where the bank is located. I don't know whether Goodhair convinced them that this would be a good place for one of their facilities or they came to that conclusion on their own, but we do have a large senior population, so it seems like a good location to me.

Wednesday was their groundbreaking. Goodhair suggested I go, in one of those "it would be a good thing for your career and for the bank if you went, and bad for your career if you don't" sort of ways. So I went. I carpooled with another coworker (I would have refused to ride with Goodhair, had he suggested it), and spent the entire time feeling awkward as I shook hands with people whose names I'll never remember. We stood out in a hot, soggy field waiting for a photographer so they could get pictures of all the bigwigs tossing shovelfuls of sand (which they carted in) for the newspaper. I was only there an hour, but I ended up with sunburn on the left side of my face and at least half a dozen mosquito bites.

When we got back to the bank, Goodhair thanked me for going. That kind of weirded me out.

Today, Goodhair emailed everybody a copy of the sign that's going up at the construction site. The coworker I rode with decided to print it out and pass it around for everybody to put comments on. It was so much stoking of Goodhair's ego. -_- Yes, he's bringing business into the bank, and that's good. But he's got a big enough ego. He doesn't need all of us telling him what a great thing this is.

ETA: I actually refused to put any comments on the printout of the sign. The coworker brought it back to me and insisted I say something about it. I just wrote "looks nice." And I commented about Goodhair's ego, to which the coworker said, "he doesn't have an ego." Damn, is she blind.
                                Last edited by Ghel; 06-06-2014, 02:54 PM.
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X