This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eevie View Post
    Honestly Ghel, you have some patience. You are not this guy's secretary, why are you putting up with this?
    It falls under "other duties as assigned."

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    In my head, Mr. Goodhair uses a lot of hairspray.
    He does use a lot of product in his hair. His hair never moves from its perfectly coiffed state, brushed back from his forehead and temples. It's the only thing he's got going for him, apparently, hence his name.

A couple minor annoyances from first thing this morning:

Goodhair was complaining that he couldn't get into his email. Outlook said it was offline. I walked over to his computer, clicked where it said offline, and unchecked "Work Offline."

Then he forwards me an email and asks me to print out the attachments in color. It's 2 identical copies of our logo for an ad. For some reason, he thinks it's better to waste color toner to print out the logos and deliver them to the place that's putting together the ad, than to forward them the email with the logos, so they can just import them into their software.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Today, in addition to what has become the normal, every-day creepiness and stupid jokes, Goodhair followed me from his office into the back vault (a small, cramped room with only one exit, which he was standing in). Then just stood there for a few seconds. I was totally creeped out. I asked him what he wanted, he named a loan, and I helped him find the file. Anything to get him out of there. I don't really think he'll do anything, but you never know.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

That _is_ creepy. Perhaps a call to HR is in order...

Comment

I don't think that they'll do anything over a general sense of uneasiness and a few somewhat inappropriate jokes. He keeps doing just enough to creep everybody out, but not quite enough to get in trouble for it.
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Hopefully he'll cross the line one day...and with the _wrong_ person...

Comment

Goodhair brought in a customer this morning before we opened. Didn't introduce him to anyone, just led him to his office. They chatted for a while, then Goodhair came out and asked me for a savings account number. Ok, whatever. He didn't wait for me to get it; he just returned to his office. So I wrote down the account number and took it to him. I had to wait for a break in the conversation to hand it to him because neither Goodhair nor his customer acknowledged me. The customer didn't even make eye contact. Didn't say hi. Goodhair still didn't introduce him. Apparently because I'm a lowly secretary-type-person, and he's some sort of bigwig.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

First of all, I would think letting someone other than an employee in before opening would be an issue with security.

Second, if I came in and was ignored I would walk back out and ignore all future demands to come back. You don't work for him, let him do it himself!

I still can't believe nobody's caught on to the fact this guy is nothing but a disaster waiting to happen...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  First of all, I would think letting someone other than an employee in before opening would be an issue with security.
                  I'm pretty sure our insurance company would have something to say about it, if nothing else.

Second, if I came in and was ignored I would walk back out and ignore all future demands to come back. You don't work for him, let him do it himself!
                  I wish I could do that. But stuff like this falls under "other duties as assigned." And he is bringing in million-dollar loans, so he's making the bank a lot more money than I am. Never mind the day-to-day stuff that I do.

I still can't believe nobody's caught on to the fact this guy is nothing but a disaster waiting to happen...
                  Oh, everybody at the local branch knows. I just don't think senior management at the main branch does. And they're not going to listen to us.

There was another creepy thing from yesterday. As Goodhair was heading out for one of his many smoke breaks, he stopped by my desk to tell me something. (I think it was about the customer in my last post, but I don't remember.) I noticed out of my peripheral vision that one side of his shirt was untucked. I didn't want my gaze wandering towards his crotch area, so I made damned sure that I maintained eye contact the whole time he was at my desk. I really don't want to know why his shirt was untucked.
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                    I wish I could do that. But stuff like this falls under "other duties as assigned." And he is bringing in million-dollar loans, so he's making the bank a lot more money than I am. Never mind the day-to-day stuff that I do.
                    Can you really call them "million-dollar loans" where there's a better than even chance they're going to suffer a huge default?

I'm just waiting for these loans to collapse like a house of cards, then watch your management scramble for someone else to blame.

Comment

Perhaps in future, since you obviously don't want to interrupt such important meetings, just leave the information you have found on your desk until he comes to get it himself.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I freaking hate putting out fires that somebody else started. Goodhair had me open the savings account for the customer that refused to acknowledge me, but there was no opening deposit. It was supposed to come in by wire, but I had no idea when. So I was waiting to hear when the wire would come in before putting through the new account documents (because if there's no opening deposit, the account will automatically close the next day).

So when the wire came in, bookkeeping called up to our branch to see if we had such a customer. The new account documents were sitting in the pile of stuff to be processed, but the employee who answered the phone (also the one who puts new accounts on the mainframe) told bookkeeping that we had no such customer or account. The wire got returned. Twice.

The credit union it was coming from was supposed to send it again yesterday, but we never received it. Now I'm having to follow up with the wire. Both my boss and Goodhair are acting like this was my fault, but I did everything I was supposed to. I'm told the customer is pissed off, and I'm getting the blame for that, too. The only part I could control is the paperwork I prepared, which I did correctly.

Oh, and I haven't received signed copies of the account documents, either. Nothing was done right with this account.

ETA: I called the customer's credit union, and they said they didn't send the wire because they weren't able to get hold of the customer to verify that he wanted it re-sent. Argh.
                        Last edited by Ghel; 10-17-2013, 01:39 PM.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Sounds like Goodhair has brought your bank another winner... <sarcasm mode off>

Methinks this "client" is going to be far more trouble than they're worth...

Comment

Yeah. Goodhair had my boss process a loan for this customer. $40,000 secured by a $30,000 savings account. And he got the lower rate for being fully secured by a deposit account. O.o
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

An account that hasn't been created yet due to the wire transfer, correct?
                              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The wire transfer finally arrived yesterday, and the loan was done the same day.
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X