This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fears are confirmed...(Rant)

I just checked my e-mail a few minutes ago and I got the one e-mail that I always fear around this time of the year. Playoffs. Usually when I get this e-mail I go outside and scream for a good 5 minutes then go back to whatever I was doing. Playoffs are my Black Friday except they end when my team loses and then we just get on with the summer events, if my team advances then playoffs get longer and it can be a good two months of misery and agony. When I first started working here I was thrown right into playoffs.

Playoffs happen to be the world's biggest SC fest. And like always I get stuck in VIP and they all seem to be at their worst. Traffic gets held up and whenever I get stuck directing traffic I'm expected to be able to part the sea of cars just so they can park. What they don't realize is that 22,000 other people are thinking the same thing!!!

One other problem I have is the way most of the fans behave, booze never seems to be a great factor in just about anything. I've had lord knows what chucked at me from numerous drunks and dumb asses thanks to playoffs. Then there is the whole tailgater thing, I don't mind tailgaters but they never believe me when booze can't be opened in public (town rule). Then they try and tell the cops that I didn't tell them. There's the thundersticks (A item that you hit together to make noise) that give me headaches and annoy the crap out of me.

It also seems that my coworkers become incompetent pieces of crap and management gets out of hand. Managers become spinless that they're rubber and coworkers become idiots that you dream of them being target practice. Granted they aren't as bad as SCs but good lord.

Just a minor rant that I needed to get out, I do have some journals of the SCs I got during the playoffs and if I find them I'll post them. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go scream.

Overall, I'm hoping my team doesn't do too well like they did when I started here.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 04-05-2007, 03:58 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Move to Milwaukee and do the parking at the Bradley Center.

The Bucks never do anything in the playoffs. Hell, this year they're not even going! But Kevin Durant or Greg Oden sure would look good in a Bucks uniform....
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Problem is that it's a double edged sword. As much as I hate playoffs the only reason I work them is it means great money and hours. They are desperate for help and they do whatever they can to get help. Oh well. Good money though and it's nice.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Yeah playoffs can get really intense at any level of sport. At the amateur level some people take it waaay too seriously.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          Traffic gets held up and whenever I get stuck directing traffic I'm expected to be able to part the sea of cars just so they can park.
          Of course you can part the sea of cars, you're the Moses of the arena!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
          X