This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling on myself

...okay, so I was all proud of myself to make it 30 days without a damage claim right? Then, in a four day period, I rack up four damage claims!!!

First, a Volkswagen Passat - the suspension is out and if I had just known a bit more about cars, I would've prepped it differently - but alas, I didn't. The large hook that is at the end of the winch cable...well, because the suspension was out, the car bounced a lot - A LOT - and the large hook - well, it punched a hole in the oil pan. $476.00 in damage. *sigh*

Then, in an effort to back the huge vehicle I drive up in a small cul de sac (and I can't believe this one is an actual damage claim) it seems that I backed into the small corner of someone's tree lawn. You know, not their actual lawn, but the little piece of lawn that is between the sidewalk and street where mailboxes sit. My supervisors went out there and said that it was a bullshit claim, but one nonetheless...I depressed the grass and the person bitched. *sigh*

AND THEN, while trying to load a Ford Taurus with a broken inner tire rod on the driver side, I was kicking the tire in an attempt to get it to turn straight to be able to load it on the bed and I kicked the freakin' plastic hubcap and cracked it. *sigh*

AND THEN...I was at my apartment complex having lunch and I parked the truck lengthwise across four parking spots. While I was having lunch, someone parked in one of the spots immediately behind the truck. I saw this and took note of it. Well, in order for me to pull forward, I had to back up a bit. I backed up and figured I was good to go and then I thought, "well, maybe just back up a bit more." so I did and that "bit more" was a bit too much more and I saw the car move in my rearview mirror! The stinger under the bed, which sticks out further than the bed, put three small little dents in the car. *sigh*

*sigh* that's all I can do.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

That sucks!

When I had my car spit out its timing belt (the damn adjuster finally went), I had to have it towed home. Midway through the trip, the driver just happened to look back, and my car was bouncing around! The hook had come off Needless to say, he stopped pretty damn quick, and took care of it. Otherwise, AAA and the towing company would have been given an earful
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My wifes cousin (D) owns a security company and a towing company (read one of those guys who tows you for parking where you shouldn't be parking and charges you up the butt to get your car back . I know that he's had a couple of issues like that as well and has had to make good on them. He also gets bogus complaints all the time that always get thrown out in court. I know one time he was towing the car of the guy who lives accross the street from us (we live in a mobile home park and you can't park on the streets, only in your driveway). Well he caused something to break and it spilled some type of fluid (not oil I know for sure) on the street. Well my neighbor caught up to him (I thought it was going to end up with fists) but they worked it out, and D ended up paying what the guy thought it would cost to fix it (he did his own work and was just asking for the $$$ for parts about a hundred bucks or so) out of his pocket in cash then and their. My neighbor even said that it was his fault for parking in the street and D was just doing his job that he had been contracted with by the park.

I don't know how he does it. I wouldn't have the thick skin for it myself.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        That sucks!

When I had my car spit out its timing belt (the damn adjuster finally went), I had to have it towed home. Midway through the trip, the driver just happened to look back, and my car was bouncing around! The hook had come off Needless to say, he stopped pretty damn quick, and took care of it. Otherwise, AAA and the towing company would have been given an earful
        Wow! Good thing the driver caught it. I always check on the vehicles I am towing for that very reason!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          Wow! Good thing the driver caught it. I always check on the vehicles I am towing for that very reason!
          Some years ago, I got to see the aftermath of what happens when a car comes loose. After my Tempo's engine blew up, it got hit...and had to be towed from the scene, and was dumped at a local bodyshop until the insurance company could look at it. On the same road (but at the opposite end, a few miles away) someone in a similar car managed to wreck. That car somehow came off the flatbed before it ended up at the same bodyshop. Let's just say it was in pretty bad shape Several people thought it was my car!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The last time I had to be towed (blew the distributor cap up - literally. Big hole.) the woman picked my truck up with her "stinger" in like 30 seconds but couldn't get the tail lights to stick. They're magnetic and the part of the cab she tried to attach them to is made of fiberglass. Took her a bit to find a suitable place on the bed. I'm still amazed at how quick it went for her to pick up my truck.
            Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
              The last time I had to be towed (blew the distributor cap up - literally. Big hole.) the woman picked my truck up with her "stinger" in like 30 seconds but couldn't get the tail lights to stick. They're magnetic and the part of the cab she tried to attach them to is made of fiberglass. Took her a bit to find a suitable place on the bed. I'm still amazed at how quick it went for her to pick up my truck.
              Yeah, it's a pretty quick process if the call is cut and dry. Even with the flatbed. The truck does most of the work for me - I just have to get it all hooked up. THe only time it's not quick is if a tire or two are frozen and I have to put those tires on "skates" (plastic boards that go under the tire to hold the tire still while the plastic allows it to slide on the bed.) or severely wrecked vehicles sometimes take a bit of time if the hook up points are smashed or buried under or behind something that is smashed, like the Mercedes I towed the other day - it was totalled and one of the front hook up points was demolished underneath the smashed front end - no fun.

Comment

Uhh, rough week.

Today, a women crashed into my car as i was driving in an roundabout. She wanted to take this exit and was left of me, I wanted to take the next one. Well, obviously my red car is not visible enough in the shiny sun, she came riight at me and... bam.

Nothing major, just a little dent in an 17 year old car, nothing that worries me, really. But here, about 5 year old car had a large scretch on here side.

She looks at my car, at her car, looks at me: "You ok?"
                "Yeah."
                "Whats with your car?"
                *a little shaky* "It's nothing." *looking at her car* "Oh, that, it's fiine" she says and drives off.

French people are weird.
                http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                Melody Gardot

Comment

Several months ago I was driving down the highway and saw a car carrier pulled over on the shoulder with the driver next to it, looking like he was tightening up some of the chains holding the cars on. As I passed, I looked over and notice a car on the lower level, either a BMW or Mercedes, must have broken loose and bounced around, because the one side I could see had some severe body damage.
                  The driver did not look happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X