X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    You can never have too many flash drives
    (that reminds me, the casing on my main one is coming apart...)

This is TRUTH! I have so many that I don't know what to do with them. I also have a terabyte portable hard drive.

Comment

I just got back from vacation and haven't been on the register much yet but already encountered the dreaded FOLDER CONTROVERSY! People will always bring up the pronged folders when the no prong folders are on sale. Then they will say they can't find the right ones. Until I go over and find the right ones. Sometimes they are okay with this but there are ones that get all pissy that they can't get the pronged folders for the cheaper price and argue with me because the coupon is clearly wrong. And I'm clearly wrong because I'm not giving them the folders they need.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

So, this morning the autopull person came in to work at 5, got about halfway through pulling all the SKUs in the system, and then announced he wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home.

My supervisor told him he had to stay to get everything pulled first, because she had nobody else to finish the pulls in his place. So he just faked his way through the rest of the pulls, putting in the scanner that he pulled everything but not actually taking it off the shelves.

This included all the school supplies, which are flying out the door. We made sure to tell management about this.

Oh, and before anybody questions why we made a sick person stay at work--this person has lost the benefit of the doubt through a series of suspicious call-outs, NCNS's, and cutting out early for no particular reason. Honestly, if he really wasn't feeling good, I would've preferred him to just call in.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Oh, and there's a loyalty coupon that starts Thursday but the mailer it's attached to has already been sent out. So people are trying to use these coupons and getting pissy when they're told they have to wait until Thursday to do so.
          I don't suppose they'll let you look those custys right in the eye and say, "Wait a minute...You are trying to raise and educate a child, but you are incapable of readng a simple coupon?!" ...?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Burning commencing. I have no children, and I've been out of school for over a decade, but the lists of Stuff I see posted in Walmart and Target and what have you just keep getting longer...
            Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
            They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              Just.

Plain.

Mean.

I aim to please.

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I'll be here till Thursday. Try the VEAL and Tip your servers.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

everytime my daughter goes past those aisles apparently she grabs a few. I say this because, as we pack to move, we have so far located at least 45 unused notebooks. 1 subject mainly but some 3 and a couple 5. fortunately we WILL use them for gaming notes. And she likes to prepare her encounters a couple weeks ahead, so she uses notebooks....

Comment

When my son attended Kindergarten class, the only thing required was a school bag / backpack and a pencil case. I suspect that I won't receive the 1st grade requirements list until, say, a week before school starts = panic shopping.
                  A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                    When my son attended Kindergarten class, the only thing required was a school bag / backpack and a pencil case. I suspect that I won't receive the 1st grade requirements list until, say, a week before school starts = panic shopping.
                    I've heard of some schools in my area that don't have those lists ready for parents until a day or two AFTER the start of school!

Can you spell "disorganized" or "lack of planning?" I sure can.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      I aim to please.

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I'll be here till Thursday. Try the VEAL and Tip your servers.
                      Oh, because that's the day you'll be out and using the coupons you got in your mailer? XD
                      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                        Oh, because that's the day you'll be out and using the coupons you got in your mailer? XD
                        Or a real headliner comes in on Friday......?

Comment

Let's just say it really sucks to be my manager right now.

For reasons such as he got his business degree from Retarded Chimp University, my manager decided to switch around a bunch of people on the schedule, moving them from afternoon shifts to the morning. The morning autopulls were huge due to brisk sales, we have a truck to get done, great right? Not so much when the people he's switched around are either useless or inexperienced.

Because of this, I got to witness one of the most funny-yet-sad things I've ever seen; five clearance swamp employees trying to fill a cart of school supplies. It looked like a drunken monkey orgy with a football.

Then there was the kid who was scheduled to come in at 8 this morning, but my manager mentioned to him he might want him to work the afternoon and evening instead, and promised to call him with his hours today when he made up his mind. That call never came, so the kid called the store to find out when to work. Store manager answered and told him to stick to his posted start time of 8.

We wound up with two carryout people scheduled this morning due to all the swaps, and yet pages for carryouts and carts were being repeated numerous times because both carryout people are worthless. I ended up doing two carryouts and retrieving carts in between filling and backstocking the truck.

Store manager was PISSED, and we're talking about a guy who never ever gets mad. One of the people who got switched asked him if somebody was going to cover her shift tonight, and he told her "That's not my responsibility; ask your manager that." Not being angry at her, of course, but angry at my manager. His face was beet red most of the day and he was giving off looks you never want to see from the boss of the store.

As always, my manager rolled in late for his closing shift. Bet that sent store manager right into orbit. Because of all the needless schedule changes he did, my manager may have left himself with only a very new hire to close on the salesfloor tonight, or even no closer on the salesfloor at all.

Store manager said to my supervisor today "(My manager) is going to be working his tail off tonight. That's a promise." He damn well better, because I understand store manager has the power to fire the managers beneath him.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                            Apart from private schools, I know that in a number of public schools, the kids get a stationery pack at the start of the year. Usually this consists of the following:

-Pencil case (kids provide their own)
                            -lead pencil (generally HB)
                            -coloured pencils (usually a pack of 12, tends to be either Staedler or Crayola)
                            -eraser
                            -sharpener
                            -ruler

-about 5+ lined exercise books, either interleaved, botany or similar. (English, Science, History, Geography, Spelling etc.)
                            -at LEAST 1 graph book (Maths-kids in grades K-5 get 10mm squares, kids from 5+ get 5mm squares)
                            -for the younger grades, 1 handwriting book.
                            -a document wallet for handouts.

For high school kids, they are on their own. Some schools will distribute the book lists (usually with plenty of notice to capitalise on the sales) and allow parents free choice, other schools will provide a booklist and the parents just tick off what they need (ie so if the kid already has certain items, they aren't forced to buy them) with collection occuring a couple of weeks beforehand. Textbooks may generally be loaned out, although some are still bought.

The weirdest thing that cropped up on my booklist (the latter case I might add) was sunscreen. We also were offered a chance to get a 32MB flash drive at the time.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              I've heard of some schools in my area that don't have those lists ready for parents until a day or two AFTER the start of school!

Can you spell "disorganized" or "lack of planning?"
                              Not if you went to one of those schools...

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
                                Not if you went to one of those schools...
                                In my Eldest son's classes some gave a stationary list while others gave a list on the first day (mainly specialty items)

Comment

Working...
                                X