Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh The Crises!!!!! Oh, The Shenanigans!!!!!! (a.k.a., Lupo's going bugnuts...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh The Crises!!!!! Oh, The Shenanigans!!!!!! (a.k.a., Lupo's going bugnuts...)

Hey, all! No, I've not disappeared, if anyone really cares, , but work has been crazy hectic, and life...well, life has been playing a rousing game of "never have I ever" with me, and making sure I can't ever MAKE that claim, in several arenas. It's been interesting, to say the least. I'm still lurking around, and reading, I just haven't been feeling the drive to write up stories, or comment. Sorry about that.

ANYWAYS, what brings me out, you say? Well...The last few weeks have been chock full o' wtf. All over the place. We're still trying to get it off of the walls.

My poor store manager hasn't had an easy go of it. I got a phone call from him 7:30 on a Thursday morning, week before last. Conversation went something like this: (please to note, Lupo is not now - nor will she EVER be - anything resembling a morning person)

Me: Mpphmmhpp?
    Bossman: Lupo? I'm sorry did I wake you?
    Me: Huh...?
    B: Look, I'm sorry, but I'm just now getting to the store, and everything should be set to open, but I really need you to call CW and get here as soon as you can.
    Me: ...Huh? Wha--huh?
    B: Look, my house caught fire last night and--
    Me: WHAT!?!? Oh gods, is everyone ok? Your wife? Your dogs?? How are you, I'll BE RIGHT THERE, LET ME FIND CLOTHES!
    B: No, no, we're fine, we all got out, I just need you guys here, ASAP.
    Me: On it, go set up an auto email for out of the office, and finish the morning reports, we'll be there as soon as we can.

Yeah, I ran round, got ready, picked up my coworker after calling her and waking HER up (also not a morning person...) and we hauled ass into the store.

He's been in and out the last few weeks, checking on damages and repairs, and general cleanup, and CW and I have offered everything we can to help, including access to our woodpiles/tools needed to repair the holes in his kitchen. He had a fun night.

Well, fast forward to this last Monday. Work is starting to pick up, mostly because, well, we're a university, and fall term starts in two weeks. Yeah, it's gonna get busy.

Well, our regional manager called on Monday afternoon, around 1:30. Told Bossman that she was having some issues at a store we'd just opened and she may need him to fly out of state to train people in.

I find this out and get irritated. We're a small location. Bossman, CW and me? We're IT year round. that's all the staff. We do get some new hires in at the start of every term for a few weeks to help with the mad rush, but other than us, it's We Three Bookstore Minions. So, to lose 1/3 of our team, and the store manager to boot? Leaving me, the accountant, and CW, the Lead Sales Team Member (a.k.a. FloorGirl, she who makes our merch look fantabulous!), in charge? What is our regional smoking? Oh but, says Bossman, it may not happen, she's telling me MAYBE.

Right. 3 pm, same day, he gets ANOTHER phone call.

"Your flight is at 6am tomorrow morning, see you in Georgia!"

Holy crap. I need a drink. We can't have liquor on campus, so we did the next best thing and brought in a 12 pack of bottled iced coffee. It's in our break room fridge. Two of us to do the work of 5 people that the three of us usually handle, on top of the increased traffic in the store due to the fact that the semester starts in a week and a half...

Plus? I get to get all the paperwork done on the new hires, the come in for training tomorrow, and I'm behind on my accounting reports.

FUN TIMES!!

Shoot me, please?

Hooooly crap! WTF with the sudden flight in the middle of all of this for your boss??

:brings bottle of vodka out of fridge:
    :leaves it and walks away slowly:
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Bossman says it's because we kick so much ass that regional manager feels she can take him away for the rest of the week.

Yeah, after the last couple of days, CW and I told him (when he called to check in) that we promise, we'll start screwing up more. Really, we will!!

And we get to do it ALL again tomorrow. And Friday. And Saturday is a move in weekend, and I'm the only one slated to work. Gah. I think I just traumatized myself ahead of time...

X.x

Comment

Oh, wow.

At least bossman and his family were all right after the fire.

Also hope you don't get the AARP helpers like you did last time.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          Bossman says it's because we kick so much ass that regional manager feels she can take him away for the rest of the week.

Yeah, after the last couple of days, CW and I told him (when he called to check in) that we promise, we'll start screwing up more. Really, we will!!
          that's the first time I've heard someone actually OFFER to stuff up! Maybe I should do that with bossman so I don't get sent to schools around the country...
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ack!
            No wonder you've been conspicuously absent.

And Friday. And Saturday is a move in weekend, and I'm the only one slated to work.
            See ya on Sunday.

Comment

Shoot me, please?
              What!?!?

And put your misery out of our entertainment?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Ack!
                No wonder you've been conspicuously absent.

See ya on Sunday.
                If I don't sleep through the day? Maybe... :P

Quoth dalesys View Post
                What!?!?

And put your misery out of our entertainment?

Um, thank you, I think...you're right, what WAS I thinking??

Comment

OHMAHGAWDS, ya'll, the semester officially started today, and I'm already dead. Halp.

Good news: Bossman is back.

Bad news: I've reinstated the "Mallet the Bossman When He Effs Up" commandment. Result is...I now need a new mallet. I'm down to one...

Ffffuuuu

*dies* >.x

Comment

But you're dead.

/poses dead Lupo in dirty poses
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

hey, hey, HEY, there's still a sitting fee to collect I don't care if she IS a corpse!

Comment

*pulls out memo pad*

"Note to self:

Self, do stop attempting dramatic literary license when surrounded by filthy pervertses..."

Comment

Just remember: you LIVE with this particular pervert.

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                            Just remember: you LIVE with this particular pervert.
                            Which means she gets to have fun also.......

Comment

*pulls out memo pad*
                              "Note to self:
                              Self, do stop attempting dramatic literary license when surrounded by filthy pervertses..."
                              Perverti I think.

Luuuupooooo, ohhh Luuuuupoooooooo I have home made peanutbutter and chocolate fudge for you. Sugar and chocolate high to get thru copious amount of bovine fecal matter. Hugs and squishy hugs, and kitty snuggles.
                              College Cyclone for Copy of Correct English Books. Do you have any more in the back?

Try yelling STUPIDIUS HALTUS then COMPOS MENTIS VELOCUS (sound mind quickly)
                              *duck and run*
                              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                              X