This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are we expected to do anything?

When one of our machines is down with a broken pump, and the second machine has no black tint?
    I arrived at work today, and da boss told me that #2 was down with a broken pump. Then he told me that we had to go very easy on any paint with black in it (which is a lot of them), because we ran out two days ago.
    Since #2 was down, he purged the black tint from there and moved it to #1. Smart thinking! It's now 9:15 a.m. and we have to hold off until *someone* gets some tint from another store, over 2 hours away. And that *someone* wouldn't be leaving until 11 a.m.
    "I sure hope we can make it for four hours" I kept thinking to myself.
    Did we get busy? You bet your sweet bippy we did! But not for very long, luckily.
    Then my other coworkers started coming in. We had 5 people in my department at 11:00. And one machine that works.

Other interesting happenings today:
    A five gallon bucket of OIL primer exploded in the mixer. Stank up the place. Yecky oily joy all over. Guess who cleaned it up? Me. Guess who got high again from paint fumes and mineral spirits? Well, everyone, actually. However, I started feeling a little ill from it. Bleah.
    Since there were so many of us, and not many customers, we had one guy on the desk, and the rest of us handled an aisle; stocking, facing, helping customers, etc. The CW (one of the new guys - the good one) manning the desk had a question, and I was the closest veteran, so he asked me to come up. I had to help him with a color match. Now, there were no customers at the desk. I double checked, because color matching can be a bitch and can take a while. We finish and I head back (I'm 15 feet away). 30 seconds later, I hear this asshat customer yell about how we wasn't getting any service and that he's taking his business to "someplace else" (remember that store?) As I said, there were no customers at the desk when I went up there. And there were coworkers on every aisle. So this guy definitely would have been helped if he was actually there.
    My manager got his ass handed to him by the ZM and the store manager. He had to come talk to us, and I told him that the guy just wasn't there. He said he knew that, because he just saw the customer two aisles down in Hardware a minute before his little outburst.
    WOS* was helping a customer with paint. It was also time for his lunch break. True to form, he just walked away without telling anyone where he was going or that he had customers. I walk up to the desk to check some stock numbers and I think "What are all these people doing here? Where is WOS?" I ask them if they need help, and they say that WOS was helping him. Okay... where's WOS? Check the aisles, no WOS. Then I see about 5 cards on the working machine. After double checking with the customers, the paints are finally made. I have to apologize to everyone because they waited much longer than normal. Now I have two coworkers that just disappear. Joy.
    Last but not least, I was stocking caulk. I grab a box from topstock and notice that it is opened. Usually no biggy. The biggy was that the box was cut open on the sides. Cases of caulk have a little pull zip that separates the top from the bottom, making a nifty and convenient display. This box was cut on all for sides with a knife. Therefore, all the tubes of caulk on the outside were also cut. It was very messy, very sticky, and very stinky. I wish the nightstock dude would learn that you just don't cut boxes meant for the paint department. Something will leak out!

*WOS = Waste Of Space crappy new coworker
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."
Working...
X