This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cold Callers Who Lie

We had a thread about this a while back, but I just got a new twist on cold callers. Here in Minnesota, notary information is public record (and I suspect it is in other states, too). My notary license is coming up for renewal, and I got this call today:

Me: Good afternoon, this is Ghel.
    CC: Hi, this is <name> with <company>. We supplied your notary stamp last time, and we'd like to help you get your new one.
    Me: No, you didn't.
    CC: We supply notary stamps and can help you renew your notary license.
    Me: We got ours through a local vendor last time.
    CC: I mean, we're partnered with the state to provide notary stamps.
    Me: That's nice. We'll be getting our from someone else. *click*
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

he he
    I'm home almost all day most days, and my church does OneHarvest Food Ministry. ((ya want more info, google them ((SHAMELESS PLUG)) )) Well, this means that between the hours of 10am and the time I leave for work, I field four calls a day/week about the program.
    Now, that's not to say I field ONLY those calls. I field cold calls from other numbers too.

Toll free number or obvious commercial number?
    Me: WOW! THANK YOU for choosing Domino's of Blountville! My name is J****! How may I help you?!

You'd never believe how fast they backpedal!

Comment

Working...
    X