This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so evil at work today.....

I was Puck. Yep. That's the best way to describe it.

First, our manager was showing us that she got the new "cool" phone, so when she wasn't looking I swapped it with a fake one and told her the phone was extremely durable. She didn't believe me, so I took it and poured hand sanitizer all over it.

Next target: Sales lead (no one like shim anyway). We staged an argument in the tech room, "No, I will find water damage in this phone if I have to put it in myself! There is NO WAY I am going to swap out this asshole's phone!!" I storm out of the tech room where the sales lead is in the break room and asks "What's going in?" I just say, in an angry voice, "Nothing, this phone is dirty and it needs to be cleaned". Sure enough, I take the (another fake) phone and douse it under the sink for a few minutes, show it to the rep as I fling the water off it "There, it's clean!" and storm back into the tech room. Sure enough, he mentions it to the manager, she asks us, but hey, we haven't had any of that phone model in the store all day, I don't know what he's talking about.

The last prank was an oldie but goodie (people who work for my company, take note of this one!). I went to the company's web site and went to the area where I can send someone a text message. I type in their phone number, leave the customer service number as the callback with the message "Your service has been temporarily turned off due to non-payment. Please call *** to make a payment". Sure enough, he fell for it. He called customer service and was telling them to cancel whatever line got the huge bill.

The funny thing is that I did the same thing to a few people a few months ago, this one ALWAYS works. Last time I did it, the recipient called his father first (to see if he can pay the bill) then called customer service. He never figured out it was a joke even though he called someone else.

Oh yes, no cell phones were hurt in the execution of these pranks, but a few prides were.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

You're mean. I like you. I am on your side.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

<bows deeply>

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all.

Sounds like you had a fun day at work!
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Thank you. The really fun thing is that *anyone* can do the text message, it's really fun to see them squirm and call customer service.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          The really fun thing is that *anyone* can do the text message, it's really fun to see them squirm and call customer service.
          yeah but we at customer service severely dislike being screamed at, because someone's friend pulls this-it's happened more than once-and one of our reps got fired because on a "leadership call"(where the higher ups listen in on live calls)-said "I don't know who sent the message, but it wasn't us*"-because the customer was screaming at her for 5 minutes-hilarious I tell ya

*we are not allowed to say "i don't know"-it is a terminatable offense
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            *we are not allowed to say "i don't know"-it is a terminatable offense
            Good gravy.
            Can you say things that mean "I don't know" but don't sound like it? Like, say, "I'm not sure <who sent the message>..." or something like that?
            That's gotta be one of the stupidest rules I've ever heard.
            Re: Quiche.
            Pie is manly.
            Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
            Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
            So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

A friend of mine received a message like that and he called me (cause I guess computers and cell phones are the same?) to ask if I'd ever heard of these automated messages. I told him I'd never heard of it and couldn't give a good answer without seeing the message so he emailed me a picture of the message. I still had no clue on it.
              Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

I bow to your genius
                I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

I don't tend to take pranks well... I'd hate it if someone embarrassed me like that.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                  X