This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a customer named Harry Showlders
    a customer with the last name "Goedhard" (first syllable pronounced "good")
    customer named Richard Coxhead

I'm sure there are more I can't think of.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Liberty Bell
      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Couple more I remember seeing:

guy with the last name Marx. Half wanted to ask him if he had his little red book with him, the other half wanted to ask where Harpo was...

I'm not sure if this ever really happened, but I remember this comedian talking about strange names. She commented that she fully expected to see a "Farfegnugen" Jones popping up. I've likely mispelled the first name, but it's also known as "Volkswagen".

Here's one I only read about.

A lawyer in florida has changed his name to "Praise Our Lord Jesus."
        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth CurlyLocks View Post
          My husband's company does business with a company owned by a woman named Mary Jane Puffer.
          The principal of a local Catholic High School is named Sister Mary Jane Herb. I wonder how many jokes the students there have come up with over the years.
          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

One of our regulars this year is called Crimson Boner. Ouch.

My friend once had a customer who was collecting a massive order of Spider-man toys for his kid. His surname was Parker. She said, "I won't make the obvious joke". He looked really ashamed and said, "The worst thing is, my first name is Peter".
            Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

For our non-American friends who may not have heard about this name (and for those of you who don't watch sports):

There is a baseball player (a badass pitcher) whose name is Randy Johnson. That would be amusing enough, but his nickname, I shit you not, is "The Big Unit."

The nickname has nothing to do with his phallic name....he stands 6'10" and, until recently, was the tallest player in the history of Major League Baseball.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Hmm...

I know a Wayne Carr and a Dwayne Pipe, and the siblings Peter, Andrew and Veronica Ness (P Ness, A Ness and V Ness).

Another friend of mine is named Virgil. Nothing else, just Virgil. No other names. He has trouble filling in a lot of on-line forms.

And for the record, my real name is Random Jones.

Comment

Not a customer, but one of my classmates found a "Richard Hair" in the phone book.

I can't even begin to imagine how many times that poor guy got pranked.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Back when I was doing data entry I always found the matching married names the most amusing. (Paul & Paula, Marsha & Marshell)

(BTW Dorcus means gazelle. Tabitha is the Greek[?] equivalent.)
                    (But still... Dorcus.... bwahahahahaha!)
                    Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat View Post
                      Back when I was doing data entry I always found the matching married names the most amusing. (Paul & Paula, Marsha & Marshell)
                      You think that's something? I once knew this girl named Kelly, who was dating a guy named Kelly. (Some people forget that it can also be a guy's name.)

From what she told me though, he was an ass, and it didn't work out.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

The sales team tell me they had a genuine name recently that made them purse theirlips in an attempt to not laugh.

Chilly Hoares.

Rapscallion

Comment

One of my customers is named Gay Rezin.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            You think that's something? I once knew this girl named Kelly, who was dating a guy named Kelly.
                            I knew a Davina (a female version of David) engaged to a David.
                            I know an Alana who was dating an Al.

And the best was the girl named Robin I knew who was seriously dating a guy named Robin.

Now, they knew something most of us have never and will never known....what it's like to call out your own name in bed!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Silvercat View Post

(BTW Dorcus means gazelle. Tabitha is the Greek[?] equivalent.)
                              Actually Dorcas is Greek and Tabitha is Aramaic, and yes they both mean Gazelle.
                              "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

My best friend Nic used to date a girl named Nikki. Not quite the same, but still funny. His mom (JoAnna, but we call her Jo) just recently broke up with her ex- Joe. He had a son named Joey. It was funny calling that house asking for Jo.

Comment

Working...
                                X