Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more from my college days... Penny Betz (the game's about to begin... gamblers, place your penny betz). And... Peter Cocks. The URL of his school webpage would likely not pass the smut filters where I work: .edu/academics/faculty/cocks.html
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

• Quoth TNT View Post
      Me: Could you verify your name? [Please say Richard, please say Richard, please say Richard. If you do, I might make it through this conversation.]
      Caller: Small. Dick Small.
      My company does business with a guy named Richard Small. And yes, he goes by Dick..and it's sooooo hard *not* to laugh when he calls! Years ago, the sister of one of my brother's friends was named Christmas. She *hated* that name, and usually went by Christie.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Peter Peter.

I had to stop myself from saying "Pumpkin eater??"
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

• My old job had a repeat client named Bing Dong. Usually when we called, there would be a voice mail, but once when I was off shift she was there. A couple of my coworkers loved to say "Bing Dong!! BBing Dong!!!" like a doorbell. She heard this, and apparently was NOT happy.
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

• My friend's aunt works at a library in University Place in Washington. She came across two interesting names of brothers, Orangejello and Limejello.
            A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
            Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Quoth chrislb View Post
              My friend's aunt works at a library in University Place in Washington. She came across two interesting names of brothers, Orangejello and Limejello.
              Pronounced, roughly, 'Oar- an- jih - low' and 'Leh - man -jih - low', not like fruit-flavored gelatin treats, in case anyone's interested.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

• Just tonight I waited on Timothy Allyn. Tim Allyn. Tim Allen.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth bannedanna View Post
                  My favorite by far is little boy "DeLove O'Christ"
                  I see this going through a UPS guy's nightmares in a decade or two:

I've got a package for DeLove O'Christ. For DeLove O'Christ! Anyone picking up this package?
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

• Quoth JustADude View Post
                    I've got a package for DeLove O'Christ. For DeLove O'Christ! Anyone picking up this package?
                    Which reminds me of another from my beloved hometown... some parents here named their child Atheist Evolution Somethingorother.

I don't care what anybody believes or doesn't believe... but why do some parents insist on taking out their problems on their children? If a parent thinks that's a cool name... they should go to court and have their own names legally changed. Don't take it out on the kid.
                    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

• Quoth chrislb View Post
                      My friend's aunt works at a library in University Place in Washington. She came across two interesting names of brothers, Orangejello and Limejello.
                      I'm beginning to think that this one is an urban legend. I have heard many many stories of kids being named this (or, sometimes Lemonjello instead of Limejello) and it alwayas seems to be the friend or relative of a friend who has encountered this. I don't think I've ever heard the story from someone who actually encountedered these names themselves. And, judging from the amount of times I've heard his story, I kind of doubt that there would be that many kids with names that ridiculous.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

• http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.htm

Doesn't seem certain there - could be a genuine surname.

Rapscallion

Comment

• They are.

I've actually been good friends with a Lemonjello (yes, that was it, not Limejello). Hence how I know how the things are pronounced.

Comment

• You may need to read this a couple times to figure everyone out.....

My father and brother are both Jim
                            My brothers father in law (now deceased) is also Jim
                            My brothers brother in law is also Jim

Still with me?

My brothers wife is Cathy
                            Her brother Jim, is also married to a Cathy
                            Their brother Matt is also married to a Cathy.

So you've got 3 (formerly 4) Jims and 3 Cathys when they all get together for family gatherings.
                            Last edited by Jack7957; 04-30-2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                              So you've got 3 (formerly 4) Jims and 3 Cathys when they all get together for family gatherings.
                              My brother has been married twice... both to women named Donna.

I ran into a woman who was named Donna who also had our last name. I said to my brother, "She'd be perfect for your next wife. She wouldn't even have to change her last name."

Comment

• I got one this morning HER name is:

Salsa Headrock Junior

Total surrender
                                Your touch is so tender
                                Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                                And it brings me relief
                                "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
                                X