Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is amusing to get into a discussion with an organic nut and mention that oil/petrochemicals are almost 100% organic too (hell the science behind it iscalled organic chemistry)

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      But then, I'm the one who slept in a drawer more than once when I was a baby.

(Yes, they lined it. With towels, I think.)
      So I'm not the only one who did that. I think I learned it from one of our cats
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Popping a baby to sleep in a drawer lined with towels is a tradition. Over someone's house who doesn't have a crib and you forgot the portable. Dresser draweeeer to the rescue! At least 5 generations old in my family and going strong.
        BTW you know in finland they have baby boxes for new parents? and the box itselt, a simple cardboard box, is the baby;s first crib. http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/w...leep-in-cribs/ Fancy cribs are for parents. Baby just wants a place to lie down and sleep.

Comment

I use a hair dye that says it's "vegan". With all the chemicals in it, why would I care if it's vegan. I'm not going to eat it, lol
          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

My favorite line on labels is "chemical free". Uh-huh. Everything on earth can be broken down into its chemical component parts. Ugh.

Another favorite was a bag of sugar labeled "carbon free". Sugar. Seriously.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
              I use a hair dye that says it's "vegan". With all the chemicals in it, why would I care if it's vegan. I'm not going to eat it, lol
              Some vegans turn it into a lifestyle. There's also a natural vegan hair dye...henna

I've yet to encounter the "carbon free" sugar...
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                ...Another favorite was a bag of sugar labeled "carbon free". Sugar. Seriously.
                I had an 1890's era chemistry book with an element named Glucinium* (Gl) because some of it's compounds are sweet...

* Now known as Beryllium. Compounds toxic.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                  Sort of like when "low fat" everything was the rage in the late 80s/early 90s,
                  0 Trans Fats!

10g per 1 ounce serving, 1 1/2g of that saturated fat, but

0 TRANS FATS!

Thank you, Lay's, I'll have more.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    0 TRANS FATS!
                    I limit myself to GLBS fats...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

99% FAT FREE

On a bag of marshmallows.

Only marshmallows are usually 100% fat free, and almost 100% sugar.

Lucky my mum always said if you cook the marshmallow over a flame, the calories from the sugar melt away. She's right, isn't she?

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                        Vegans generally avoid animal byproducts in all things, not just food. They would also avoid leather and wool in clothing, for example. That label is just stating that no animal byproducts are used in the dye, and also possibly that animals weren't used in their own testing, so it's safe for vegans to use free from worries about potential animal cruelty or death.

Comment

maybe i'm just associating vegan with natural, eh
                          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post

Another favorite was a bag of sugar labeled "carbon free". Sugar. Seriously.
                            Burnt bone carbon can be used in part of the sugarmaking process. Animal product. Simple.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It's not that, accountingdrone. It's that the chemical forumula for table sugar is C12H22O11. Basically, sugar is a quarter carbon by definition.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                                "Would you like some spoo? It's quite fresh."
                                Ah Vir, you scene stealer you.

And did you know that there's no regulation for any labels in the organic category? None whatsoever. So that "organic" tomato you just bought? It could be no different than the "non-organic" one in the next box over. (It's probably from that box anyways, but that's beside the point) And don't get me started on the whole "vine ripened" nonsense.
                                I AM the evil bastard!
                                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                                X