X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My yearly review

I got it yesterday, only 23 days late.
    Everything was marked "satisfactory." Better than "need work" I guess. Apparently no one gets the "Excellent" boxes marked.
    "Satisfactory" my foot. How about all those letters and phone calls I've been getting for excellent customer service? I know I have them because the store manager shares them with the store during our morning meetings. And I have seen the letters written by the customers.
    If each letter and phone call were turned into a medal, my chest would be covered. I'd look like one of those cartoon characters who stoop over when they walk because of all the weight on their chest.
    Okay, I'm bragging a bit. But I digress.

I also got a raise! Woooohooooo! Thank you for the .18¢ raise. With the hours you give me, that's about an extra $6.00 a pay period (paid bi-weekly). I think I can buy two gallons of gas. That .18¢ puts me just above poverty level.
    Crap. Now I'm in a higher tax bracket.

And why do you give such little room for employee comments? Don't you want to know what we think? Wait. Probably not. I can't blame the company for not wanting to know what the employees really think. I know I would not have held back. But I didn't have enough room. All I had room for was "I need full time." I guess that makes it official, because I only tell my manager, my zone manager and the store manager that every week. I've never submitted it in writing. Last time I submitted something, it got lost, never to be seen again. That's why I talk to people. No paper trail to lose.

Ya know, I was so excited when I started this job. I've been trying to get in this company for years. I finally do so, and I regret it.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Well done
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
      I got it yesterday, only 23 days late.
      Is that a record for timeliest review?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Is that a record for timeliest review?
        Would be in my company.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
          Ya know, I was so excited when I started this job. I've been trying to get in this company for years. I finally do so, and I regret it.
          Y'know, that's a common comment in the world.

Comment

i find the only way to get any sort of raise is to put in a butload of extra effort and then just demand one. Only way i get anything as far as a raise. Where I am its the same story. I get customer letters and cards and phone calls of great service. I help hunt down theives. I make sales. Everything is marked as satisfactory and they give you a few extra cents in the hopes it will keep you there another year when you hope you get marked for excellent.......ugh i feel your pain
            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Ms. Pounce View Post
              Would be in my company.
              We don't get reviews where I work...but we do get two raises a year. One is the union raise and the other is the anniversary with the company raise. Very timely.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

18 cents? God, that's a slap in the face if ever there was one. Gee, thanks guys.

I'm coming up on my review time next month. I have yet to get less than 50 cents, usually it's more like a buck or more. That, and it's almost bonus time! Woohoo!

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                  18 cents? God, that's a slap in the face if ever there was one. Gee, thanks guys.
                  One place I worked at offered me 10 cents for a raise. I demanded 25 cents. Then gave it to me, but kept reminding me not to tell anyone since it is highly unusual for them to give "that much".

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                    One place I worked at offered me 10 cents for a raise. I demanded 25 cents. Then gave it to me, but kept reminding me not to tell anyone since it is highly unusual for them to give "that much".

Reminds me of when I worked at a big box store and they put me in a different department than what they were supposed to hire me for. I guess they paid me more than the rest of the folks there (who'd been there forever like the guy in his mid 30s who literally lived in his mom's basement playing WOW) since they kept telling me to keep it under my hat that I was pulling in a fat $8 an hour....
                    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                    X