This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Game to New Beginnings

Well--the last thirty days have been filled with emotion and tumult. I waited the requisite week before filing for my unemployment insurance after being relieved of my duties at store in the seventh ring of hell. To date, the moronic powers that are have no responded to the state's request for information. The matter will be referred to an adjuster this week in an effort to resolve the matter in the 4 to 6 week guideline allowed by the state.

I have been on numerous interviews, some for jobs that I would not allow my worst enemy to accept for wages that hardly constitute fair compensation. On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I drove 46 miles to interview for a convenience store manager position. I thought the interview went pretty well...I didn't realize HOW well until I got home and had three emails requesting references, enquiring about a potential start date, and clarifying my required wage. Rather than perpetuate the barrage of emails, I answered all questions in one message....and let the matter go as there were pies that needed to be baked.

On the annual observance of "retail hell" (aka Black Friday) one of my references called to say that if I didn't get the job after the glowing reference she just gave me...the people are deaf, dumb, and blind. About an hour later, I got the call offering me the position starting Dec. 4 at the wage I requested and guaranteed placement at a newly opened location about 18 miles from my home.

SO, I will be starting my new job before my unemployment for 5 weeks kicks in...and my lawsuit is on hold until my unemployment settles....because I requested unemployment based on a hostile workplace and harassment. If approved, the unemployment claim will help my lawsuit against my former employer.

It isn't what I want to be doing as I see 50 peeking over the horizon at me...BUT the pay is great and the environment makes for great stories for the site....and since I have won several regional awards and a couple of national awards....I am confident that I will do well in the position.

Looking forward to a smooth opening...and more stories from the SC's that we deal with every day.

Congratulations on getting a new job, and that you have references who stick up for you in such a fashion. It sounds like you got a great pick out of the jobs you interviewed for!

Comment

Congrats

Always hard to start a new job, but it is a step up (if I understood correctly, you are a manager at the new place).

I hope the suit goes well, I know your lawyer is probably telling you not to say anything till it settles. So I look forward to reading about it in 6-12 months.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I have 10 years experience managing convenience stores...when I left the industry three years ago, I swore on everything that I hold holy I would NEVER EVER--NOT FOR LOVE OR MONEY manage another convenience store...

Ok...so I got bitten and infected by a virus....like the ebola of retail management....I know that it will eventually take my life....but damn I love the adrenaline, the customers (even the sucky ones) but most of all, I love the money.

Comment

Working...
        X