This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daft questions on reviews...

So every now and then after I've done a visit to a store I have to fill out the report on how the visit went *boo,hiss*
    Normally this is straightforward enough. Sometimes you get daft questions
    Today we have:

Did the server try to make a special connection with you?
    Was each dish announced with personality?

I'm not bothered if it doesn't come in singing and dancing and performing a novelty act,as long as it's arrived on time,correct and well cooked I'm happy.

As for the server,unfortunately once I have finished the meal and left,that's it. We will not more than likely be lifelong friends.Give me excellent service whilst I'm there but we will in all probability not be sharing life's special moments together....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I've met one or two that I'd LIKE to have a special connection with... .. but seriously, don't they have enough to do without worrying about "making a special connection"?

How much personality is the average entree going to have?

These are silly!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd be sorely tempted to give in to my snarky side answering questions like this.

I requested my entree be served with a lap dance, and the server said no! Really, if you want your employees to make special connections with their patrons, you should train them in lap dances!

Yes, I got to meet the meat before it nipped off to the kitchen and shot itself for my dinner. Claude was quite a pleasant fellow and cooked up beautifully.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Really, if you want your employees to make special connections with their patrons, you should train them in lap dances!
        Anyone else remember MAD magazine's (can't remember if it was Don Martin or Tales From the Duck Side) lap dance by one of the dancers from Riverdance? Definitely NOT the sort of thing the customer would want to do again.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          Yes, I got to meet the meat before it nipped off to the kitchen and shot itself for my dinner. Claude was quite a pleasant fellow and cooked up beautifully.
          Shades of 'Milliways' here.....
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            "this is the list of entrees, 1-3 are quite depressed today, but 4 is incredibly cheerful!"
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              One of my family in-jokes came from an ad for a throat lozenge. I don't remember the brand, so I'll just plug in a random one:

Ztrepzils understands your dry, sore throat.

So now whenever something as silly as the question Kit was supposed to answer comes up, we say that it 'understands your dry, sore throat'.

Ridiculous.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

OK, who wrote those questions and what was the writer on?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  OK, who wrote those questions and what was the writer on?
                  Did they have a Mushroom Swiss burger for lunch where the mushrooms weren't approved by the FDA - or the DEA?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It sounds as if the questionnaire is making sure the restaurant's wait staff are all just like Brian from Office Space.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                    X