This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit trying to help me out

Now the title of my post may seem a little odd but let me explain and you will see what I mean.

At my pizza place I put away the twice-a-week supply truck. This truck belongs to a mega outside supplier that we get our stuff from.

The truck arrives during the night (technically called a keydrop when no one is at the store to actually receive/count/verify the order) and the driver places all of the ordered supplies in the store then resets the alarm and leaves. The driver puts all of the freezer/frozen stuff in our walk-in freezer, refrigerated stuff in the walk-in cooler and all of the dry/paper/can goods/room temp shelf stable products in the dry storage area

Now I know there are several members here that hold receiving type positions in grocery stores. Those people will understand my frustration and the need for proper supply rotation.

as of late we have been getting substitute drivers. Not really a bad thing EXCEPT more and more of them seem to be under the impression that they may be "helping" by just putting freezer/cooler stuff on the shelves themselves.

This creates several problems for me.

The first problem is that I NOW have to go through EVERYTHING on the shelves looking at individual box picking labels to actually count what we have received to ACTUALLY verify we received what we ordered/what the invoice says was shipped is correct and valid. This adds enough time to the job at hand.

sometimes they will just throw stuff on the shelves that does not belong where they put it even though the item clearly goes somewhere else ie. RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE duffus.

Second I now have to practically move EVERYTHING around to make sure product is now in proper rotation ie. First In First Out. again this adds enough time to the job at hand.

I love when if SHOULD take me an hour to put stuff away but because of duffos truck driver it takes me 90+ minutes to finish.

Yes the managers, at my bitching and complaining, have contacted the supply company to complain but it seems to have little effect.

I have however tried this: "Hey MOD. We are missing a BUNCH of stuff on the invoice. you need to contact <supply company> to see what the problem is." This usually gets supplier's attention for a week or so.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."
Working...
X