Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most WTF things you've been asked at work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post
    Do you have Subway?
    Is there a Starbucks?
    Can you cook me a boiled egg?
    Ok the boiled egg one is pretty stupid. Where are they going to do that on a plane? I mean all you have is a little oven to heat up the in-flight meal, right?

That being said, the Subway and Starbucks questions are reasonable to ask. I assume the customer wanted to know if there was one in the AIRPORT, but phrased it poorly.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
      Every pizza place sells fries here, lol, so I'd probably ask that question.
      I don't think I know of any pizza places that literally only make pizzas.

Comment

"Are you open?"

...when I was nowhere near a register (in an aisle putting up tags). No idea what the person meant.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I think the most WTF question I've ever been asked at my current job is "Does your chicken salad have chicken on it?" It made me go for a moment and I replied "All of our salads except for the chili salad have chicken on them.." Eventually it got figured out that the customer wanted to know if we could make any of our salads without chicken and add a meat patty instead. I was happy to have gotten that figured out but had a very hard time keeping a straight face and biting back a very sarcastic reply when the question was first asked. Sarcasm is my first response to most things

Comment

When I worked at a popular Texas based theme park many years ago, people were always asking where they could see Mickey Mouse. My coworkers and I had to seriously resist the temptation to give them directions to the airport and suggest they buy a ticket to California or Florida.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

The easy way to tell them apart for what it's worth

DisneyLAnd--LA
              DisneywORLd--ORLando
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                The easy way to tell them apart for what it's worth

DisneyLAnd--LA
                DisneywORLd--ORLando
                Disneyland Paris -- The Tragic Kingdom
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hubs had a WTF moment at work today.

Old guy comes in, walks all the way back to the meat department, rings their little doorbell, and asks...

"Do you have any meat here?"

It turns out he was looking for a specific cut of beef, the guy's wife had died only a couple of weeks ago and she did all of the shopping, so he wasn't sure what the thing he wanted was called.
                  The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

"Do you work on TVs?" This was asked as I was finishing tagging the third TV to come in that day, with two TVs sitting on the counter already tagged. If they were asking if we worked on a specific brand, I could understand. They were asking about a Signature 2000 (Monkey's house brand) and at the time we were still called Monkey Ward's Repair.

Before they could ask, they had to open the door that said, "Small Electronics, Vacuums, and TVs Entrance - Bigger items to the back, after tagging," and talk to me while I stood under a huge sign that listed our services and fees!
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Through drive thru:

C: Can I get a caramel iced coffee?
                      Me: Sure, a caramel iced coffee, what size?
                      C: Medium. Is that French Vanilla?
                      Me: No, it's caramel.
                      C: Oh.

first time I've ever had to tell someone that caramel is in fact not french vanilla. I don't get it either...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Well, my favorite is still "How much is that ten dollar ad?" I always want to reply, "Please connect brain before engaging mouth."
                        I'd get this sometimes when I worked in food service. For the longest time, Burger Royalty had their 99 cent MegaBurger.

Anyway, they even had it on the marquee, painted on the windows, and even reflected the price on the menu board. Yet every now and then, "How much are your 99 cent MegaBurgers?"

No, I'm not kidding.

Or, even better, "I'll have one of your 99 cent MegaBurgers" (as if there were multiple ones with different prices).
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Now that I can understand-I'll have one of your 99Cent Megaburgers as opposed to two or three or fifty seven of them. I don't see a problem with that
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

A bit of cross-posting from Sucky Customers forum I just posted

See the first story
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=110964

Failure to understand HOT and SPICY IS NOT ONE of the flavors we offer.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              My guess is that he had applied for a job at a place that does pre-employment drug screening, and he wanted to be sure he had abstained long enough/the "magic potion" he bought was working before he went for the "live" test.
                              Not that it would help. Home drug screening kits are nowhere near as precise as lab tests.

The most bizarre had to be on my first site as a field tech. At a bank doing a full branch system replacement. Part of the work was gathering info about the old system which takes a couple of minutes and for this site was written on a form. Needless to say we had to put these sheets at each computer and we had to do it before the branch closed. This means interacting with the staff. Not a problem but then one decided to be a smartass and ask the following:

"Could you rig my computer to blow up? Nothing major, just something that would let me be off work for a little while."

I took it in stride. My response was: "I'm a professional. If what's left of you doesn't require a sponge to clean up I didn't do my job right."

Best part was after an hour we found out that a server we needed for the imaging update was offline so I got 3 hours pay for sitting on my ass for an hour.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                                "Could you rig my computer to blow up? Nothing major, just something that would let me be off work for a little while."

I took it in stride. My response was: "I'm a professional. If what's left of you doesn't require a sponge to clean up I didn't do my job right."
                                That's brilliant. Right up there with an exchange I had with an ex-CW (and slight co-irker) at the wholesale club.

Him: "Hey, did ya miss me?"
                                J2K: "Yeah, but my aim's improving."

He burst out laughing.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X