This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a condundrum

Well, I've found myself in a bit of a problem spot.

I intervewed at an IT place, Cycrest Systems, last wednesday. They said that their hiring process takes around the family of three weeks. Okay, everything's hunky dory.

Then, Office Depot calls and they also ask for an interview this monday.

So, here's my problem - If I take the job at Office Depot, and then I get the job at Cycrest, what do I do about Office Depot?

Arghetlam@CS ~ $ sudo awesome

Quoth Arghetlam View Post
    So, here's my problem - If I take the job at Office Depot, and then I get the job at Cycrest, what do I do about Office Depot?
    Apoligize for leaving them on short notice and ask them to mail you your final check.

Normally I don't recommend bailing without giving notice without good reason. However, Office Depot is probably going to offer part time, near minimum wage, with a schedule that interferes with your social life. They're used to people vanishing without explanation or warning. If you actually let them know you're not coming to work any more, it will be more than they're accustomed to. Also, you'll only have three weeks experience or less, so it's not going to be a catastrophe if you leave.

Oh, and if the manager is the type who would try this-- don't let them guilt you into staying, beyond a day or two if the other job isn't starting immediatly. People leaving with minimal notice is one of the side effects of paying low. If they don't like it, they can offer their employees better hours and pay.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
      Apoligize for leaving them on short notice and ask them to mail you your final check...

...If they don't like it, they can offer their employees better hours and pay.
      Ditto that, and Amen brother!
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
      X