This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold at work = dresscode :lol:

So today I'm at the desk, wearing my blazer. Bossman walks by and asks "are you cold?" Yes I was! It's nippy outside and the AC in the lobby is still on.

Just shows how strict he is about dress code (not very). As long as our shirts are close to the right color he really doesn't care. This is the first time I've actually had my jacket on at the desk. We're technically supposed to have it on all the time, but nobody does.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

I'm always cold at work. They gave us a fleece blanket for Christmas a couple years ago and I keep it in one of my bottom drawers. Right now it's on my chair because I was actually using it a couple weeks ago and I never put it back. (They also give us a shirt every year; last year's sweatshirt is also kept in my drawer. It's a little big which is good because I can wear it over most of my shirts.)

My last boss just told me to try not to look like a homeless person. (Our office is pretty casual and we don't work with the public, so no one really cares.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I despise dress code. Not only is it uncomfortable and inconvenient, but it makes employee identification so much easier for SCs.

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
        I despise dress code. Not only is it uncomfortable and inconvenient, but it makes employee identification so much easier for SCs.
        Agreeed on that.......part of our dress code is to wear our city employee ID badges while at work, and the said badges have a photo and our first and last name.

Comment

AH! I don't want customers to know my real name! NEIN! I feel like it's an invasion of my privacy. People act like first names aren't identifiable, um, what about people who don't have common names? Not everyone is a John or Jenny. >.<

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
            AH! I don't want customers to know my real name! NEIN! I feel like it's an invasion of my privacy. People act like first names aren't identifiable, um, what about people who don't have common names? Not everyone is a John or Jenny. >.<
            Some places let you use a "work" name if you don't want people tracking you down outside of work. That said, I rather like dress code. It's fun getting dressed up to go to work, helps my focus, and keeps the people who want to come to work sloppy or slutty (or both ) from doing so and stinking up the place with their foot odor and glitter body gel (also not allowed).
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X