This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHHHHH that time of the year again.

At my pizza place we have satellite radio. One of the "authorized"/"mandated" stations is a seasonal music channel (you immediately should see where this is going)

I worked Halloween afternoon and night. They had it tuned to the seasonal music channel. Can you guess what music that station is already playing?????

Anyone??????

Anyone?????

Bueler???? Bueler????

FRACKING Xmas music. YES Halloween was not even OVER yet and they are playing CHRISTMAS music.....

MY ears started to bleed and brain cells were jumping out my ears.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

They did have a Halloween channel.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

How many "Halloween" themed songs are there, anyway?

I mean, I know Christmas music can get repetitive over those "muzak" systems (or whatever they're called), but really, how many times can you hear "Monster Mash" and the theme from "The Munsters"?
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

We started replacing the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff two weeks ago. But the last minute costume shoppers loved the 75% off we had because of it!

Comment

They actually waited until this weekend to switch over to XMAS music? O_O These days, that qualifies as restraint! I'm surprised you weren't hearing it four or five weeks ago.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I usually like a lot of non-pop, non-bro country. I don't know how much Country I'm gonna be listening to once they start playing the Christmas songs.

I mean, there are a LOT of Christmas songs I like...but in moderation. And there's only so much "pop country" Christmas music I can take...
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              When I first got a portable device that could play music, I ripped my CD collection, and one of the resulting playlists got named "Halloween" with 7 discs.
              1. "Chiller": Cincinnati Pops Orchestra doing various classical and theme music, such as Night on Bald Mountain, In the Hall of the Mountain King, Funeral March of a Marionette, and the "Twilight Zone" theme.
              2. "Classic from the Crypt": One of a variety of RCA Victor theme collections, this one including pieces such as Night on Bald Mountain, In the Hall of the Mountain King, and Funeral March of a Marionette.
              3-4. Two Mannheim Steamroller Halloween CDs with some of their older original music along with their takes on pieces like Night on Bald Mountain, In the Hall of the Mountain King, Funeral March of a Marionette, and a mix that includes the Twilight Zone theme; my playlist leaves out the special effect CDs they also included.
              5-6. Tubular Bells 2 CD set
              7. Volume 2 (The Dark Side) of a Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits collection, with themes such as Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
              Quoth mjr View Post
              how many times can you hear "Monster Mash" and the theme from "The Munsters"?
              My playlist seems to have each of those only once (on the second release from Mannheim Steamroller), although there is a certain amount of redundancy with other pieces (and I probably don't need the entirety of Tubular Bells).

Comment

Halloween music?

The End - The Doors
                Season Of The Witch - Vanilla Fudge
                The Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet - The Mothers Of Invention
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Mostly anything from Alice Cooper or Rob Zombie.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My work periodically played Thriller. Also the theme from Batman...? Oh, and I think the song from the Adam's Family.

I think my work's music doesn't change until December. Last year's Black Friday we hadn't switched yet, or it wasn't bad. They had maybe 2-3 regular songs to one Christmas song.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

They just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to rush the holidays!

Comment

The Ghostbusters theme song is popular here for halloween

Comment

The Music Choice "Sounds of the Season" channel has a nice variety of Halloween stuff (OK, there are a few that are kind of stretching it).

No Christmas music where I work yet. They may be merciful enough to hold off until Thanksgiving.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            More than you'd think. I've got a playlist of them on YouTube, and I'm not the only one. Granted, some Halloween tunes are not work-safe or family friendly, but there are plenty that are.
                            Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            My work periodically played Thriller. Also the theme from Batman...? Oh, and I think the song from The Addams Family.
                            Previous years, they played Witch Doctor and Flying Purple People Eater. Oh, and Monster Mash, of course.
                            Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            I think my work's music doesn't change until December. Last year's Black Friday we hadn't switched yet, or it wasn't bad. They had maybe 2-3 regular songs to one Christmas song.
                            I hope they wait until December. I think last year they started the week before Black Friday. It would be nice if they'd throw in some TSO or maybe some selections from The Nutcracker, but it's mostly the usual schmaltzy crooners.
                            Last edited by XCashier; 11-02-2015, 09:55 PM.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Halloween music? Well, it's a couple days late, but here's some of what I listen to:

All Souls Night - Loreena McKennitt
                              The Highwayman - also by Loreena
                              Lucifer - Alan Parsons Project
                              Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum (very old but one of my faves)
                              Ghost Dance - Cusco
                              Ebonshire - Nox Arcana
                              Home by the Sea - Phil Collins/Genesis
                              Land of the Dead - Voltaire
                              Little Fugue in G Minor - Styx

I have more that are more pagan-oriented. I like Christmas music, too, but NOT YET!!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X