This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought of a few other hated things:

Cold soup. Even if it's 105 degrees outside, soup is NOT supposed to be cold. YUCK.

Almost all alchol. Tastes like Satan's Pee. There are a few dessert wines I like though.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      Almost all alchol. Tastes like Satan's Pee. There are a few dessert wines I like though.
      I'm not fond of most alcohol, either. I like Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum and Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor. Anything else has to be mixed with something else, like fruit juice. Of course, now that I'm on certain medications, I cannot have booze anymore, so
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, this is still going so I'll say what I've said before. Runny egg yolks. Can't eat them, can hardly bear to watch someone eat them.

Can't quite get used to whiskey, except I kinda like rye, explain that if you can. Beer is not my thing, not at all. Mead is amazingly awesome, if anyone's had it. Absinthe, but of course I like it, I adore licorice. Yeah, I guess I like alcohol. I don't get drunk, since I don't enjoy feeling sick, just a couple drinks here and there.
        Last edited by notalwaysright; 03-21-2016, 02:34 AM.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'm so over avocados it's not even funny. They're in damn near everything now, and I've gotten some very strange looks from friends about my constant complaints about "stealth avocado."

I can't stand the taste of tomato. Freshly grown or store bought doesn't matter. If it's raw tomato. it's not something I'm gonna touch.

Yet, cooked tomato isn't too bad. I dislike it if it's really overpowering, but most salsas, sauces and whatnot are fine.

Cilantro is another. Called coriander over here. I detest the stuff. No idea why, but I suspect it's because people use too much of it. I once had a Vietnamese spring roll that was meant to be Hoisin Beef, but was so over-full of cilantro - all I tasted was the damn herb!

And lastly, zucchini. Zucchini caused the biggest fight my Dad ever had with my Mum.

One of my aunts went through a mad zucchini growing phase and lucky us, we were the recipient of all her zucchinis after we visited for the week! We ended up eating zucchini everything. It was in bread, stews, baked, fried, souped...the trend continued when we got home because Mum wouldn't want to waste all that food, or offend her sister in law.
          After about two weeks off arguing with my parents, crying about the zucchinis, throwing up when mum tried to force me to eat it and multiple standoffs at the dinner table, my father basically told my mother we were all goddamn sick of the vegetable, he'd been feeding his to the dog, or digging holes in the garden and burying it and that we needed to tell her sister in law to stop sending us the damn stuff.

Mum didn't talk to us for like a day after that, but I consider it a minor victory. And still, to this day, I will not eat zucchini.
          Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

For many people, cilantro tastes like soap. I know some people who can taste the tiniest bit of it, and can't stand it.

One year my grandpa planted two zucchini plants in his garden. He got two zucchini total. So the next year he planted about a dozen. We had those things coming out of our ears! Took me years to even be able to look at one again!
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Last year my cousin's garden produced enough butternut squash to feed a third world country! I came home twice with a carful , and she brought me a 3rd large box once. Good thing I know a lot of people who LOVE it, so I just played Lady Bountiful and passed it out, and learned a whole lot of new recipes. For the record, butternut squash is amazing in chili!

Comment

I don't mind small amounts of cilantro, but it tastes/smells like soap to me (unintended upside: even if I can't see the PLU nobody needs to tell me what's in the bag) and if there's enough to the point where I can actually taste it that's ALL I can taste--yuck.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

On tomatoes: It's my understanding that the chemical changes induced by cooking seem to affect tomatoes more than other foods -- to the extent that it's possible to be allergic to raw 'maters and not cooked ones, and vice-versa! Me -- I only eat them in processed form (ketchup, sauces, etc); I cannot stand them any other way.
                  Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  Cold soup. Even if it's 105 degrees outside, soup is NOT supposed to be cold. YUCK.
                  It's vichyssoise, Sir...It's supposed to be cold.
                  Same here -- tho I have yet to try any dessert wines. Friend of mine who grew up Michigan way says there's a place that makes an amazing cherry wine there that is nice and sweet -- they can only do it like two months out of the year, though, before they run out.

Alcohol in general -- along with most anything that includes tannins -- tastes absolutely vile to me.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't like cold soup either. But I dont hate it. Too hot soup was worse. Soup must be warm.
                    I don't like beer yuck. Wines, ehhhh 2 fingers is enough for me.. I do like cocktails tho. Especially those made with rum. Mm mm. Cilantro and pesto okay in small amounts. Once I had a sandwich with too much blechhh!!
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I dislike most wines, although I can handle some of the really cheap sweet ones, beer I cannot stand. If I have a swallow, it's all I can taste for the rest of the day. I dislike champagne as well. I don't drink any alcohol straight. I dislike the warm feeling in your throat and stomach. I do like most mixed drinks, as long as they aren't super strong

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        I don't mind small amounts of cilantro, but it tastes/smells like soap to me (unintended upside: even if I can't see the PLU nobody needs to tell me what's in the bag) and if there's enough to the point where I can actually taste it that's ALL I can taste--yuck.
                        I'm just realizing how drastically my tastes have changed over the years. I remember hating cilantro, and now I love it. Same with mustard, cumin, and ginger root (I always liked candied ginger, or ginger cookies). I never liked cantaloupe or honey dew melons, but did like watermelon, and now it seems too similar to other melons. So that makes me sad. I don't really like some of the styles of Mexican food that are becoming more prevalent. Yes, I know they are supposed to be healthier, but I just don't get them taste-wise. I'm looking at you, Chipotle. I want refried beans, dammit. They don't have to be terrible for you.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has recommended this yes but I used to work at a pita place where we had to chop onions daily. Our trick to save our eyes? Dollar store swimming goggles. Since they seal to your face they prevents you from touching your eyes and the spray from getting in.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            So I'm not the only one who hates red velvet cake! I wanted to like it, it's pretty, but it just doesn't taste right to me.
                            Pass it my way . . . I loves me some red velvet cake.

And now Hostess has come out with Red Velvet Cupcakes . . . yummy.

As far as what I don't like to eat . . . onions are okay with me. I used to have issues with crying but I just run them through a small electric chopper and it's not that bad on the eyes.

Those electric choppers save a lot of time. I also use it to chop peppers or mince anything really fine (like canned chunk tuna or chicken) when I'm making sandwiches.
                            Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 03-25-2016, 08:53 PM.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Lasange and baked mac n cheese. Congealed grossness. Eww eww eww. Which is odd because I'll eat the shit out of stovetop mac n cheese (which i have made from scratch so it's not that I like the box stuff) and any other type of pasta-cheese combination.
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

RE: Tomatoes. I loathe raw tomatoes, but actually rather like tomatoes that have been processed in some way: soups (good with toasted cheese sandwiches), ketchup as long as it's on meat, pizza sauce, even straight up cooked tomato slices aren't too bad. I used to order all my burgers plain, but am now broadening my horizons... slowly, but still. Started forgetting to specify plain, then got too lazy to start again, and I now thoroughly enjoy the classic ketchup & mustard.
                                Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

Working...
                                X