This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work wants us to rewatch training videos

I'm letting it run on a separate tab while I browse CS or play on my phone. Guess how many fucks I give about the training videos.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I do that as well whenever possible.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Guess how many fucks I give about the training videos.
      Hmm...is it possible to give a negative number of fucks?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Big Green Cab Co used to make us rewatch the training videos semi-annually. I figured out how to make the system mark me as permanently done. (The trainers couldn't reassign the vids to me, no matter what hoops they jumped through. It was an awesome loophole.)

They stopped forcing them on us... 2 years ago? More? I dunno. They don't even ask to see our driving record any more, when it used to also be semi-annual. (That may have more to do with Gov. Coldstone and Uber than anything else, though.)
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Hmm...is it possible to give a negative number of fucks?
          Sure, but then you'd be taking fucks. Nice if you need some to give back out later, but not so nice when you really don't want to give a fuck.

"I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

I'm paid by the hour, if work wants to pay me to watch a 10 minute video instead of helping customers I aint gonna complain.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Ditto. The videos, as one would expect, differ from the reality around here. I was up in the office on some project while one of the newbies was watching the cashier training; at one point she turned to me and said "Do they really think things run this smoothly anywhere?"

The "Information Security Awareness" training video at my job is amusing. Shithead actually told me "We know you don't need to watch this, but the system says you have to. If you want to consider it an extra coffee break away from customers feel free." I aced the "final quiz" while watching a YT vid in another tab the whole time
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-23-2016, 01:57 AM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Speaking of final quizzes, there's one final that's absolutely ridiculous. The video introduces us with a mnemonic device about resolving customer complaints: an acronym. For the sake of anonymity, I'll call these steps, A, B, C, D, and E. Point being they all begin with different letters. So far so good.

The idiocy happens with the quiz. The question asks you what B stands for? Your choices are: A-Word, B-Word, C-Word, D-Word, and E-Word. In other words, there's only one answer that even starts with the letter the quiz is asking about!
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Speaking of final quizzes, there's one final that's absolutely ridiculous. The video introduces us with a mnemonic device about resolving customer complaints: an acronym. For the sake of anonymity, I'll call these steps, A, B, C, D, and E. Point being they all begin with different letters. So far so good.

The idiocy happens with the quiz. The question asks you what B stands for? Your choices are: A-Word, B-Word, C-Word, D-Word, and E-Word. In other words, there's only one answer that even starts with the letter the quiz is asking about!
                  ...and yet there'll still be those who manage to get it wrong
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Where I work, we actually have quarterly training, and a "quiz" at the end.

Most of us just blow through the slides, and answer the questions at the end.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      Where I work, we actually have quarterly training, and a "quiz" at the end.

Most of us just blow through the slides, and answer the questions at the end.
                      My old job had the slide-deck-with-quiz thing twice a year - they were a multinational corp, and the biggest thing in the training was the 'no, you can't bribe people - no, not even then' piece. I wonder whether it had ANY effect whatsoever.
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
                      X