This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so excited! Can't hide it!

Finally a job that I can be excited about! Not the usual, punch in, punch out yawnfest. It an entertainment job (think like Disneyland). Basically I guide groups thru a puzzle game, and everyone has lots of fun! YAY! I like games, I don't like people tho, but it's only part time so....I think I can handle that!
    The only bad thing about it is I'll have to take a big hit on my paycheck, since it's going to be halved, but I took another part time job for delivery service, and that should make up for it a bit. Yesterday I was outside and the weather was gorgeous, and I was thinking, I am missing days like this! I could be hit by a Road SD and die tomorrow, and all I did was work at the hotel and recovering from it. T_T I'll still be working at the hotel tho, just 2 days. So I'll have 3 part time jobs if it all works out. I won't get any benefits, but....oh well. Work is killing me slowly anyway with all the stress. Wish me luck!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

It does sound like fun. Hope you enjoy it -- for as long as you can manage to deal with the customers, LOL.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You can always 'lose' an SC in the puzzle.... 'oh dear,they didn't solve the clue in time,they got locked in the cave'....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My dad wants to try one of this I don't think it would be that easy with my sons wheelchair.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          You can always 'lose' an SC in the puzzle.... 'oh dear,they didn't solve the clue in time,they got locked in the cave'....
          If I had a to GIVE a penny for each time I wished i could lock up an SC I'd STILL be richer than Parez Hellton. That's what I think!

Anyway, I have a few groups done and I think I did pretty well, I was nervous of course, it's natural when starting something new that you've never done before, but my boss said that I was too unconfident and I should stop it. Well sorrrrrry. How can I be confident with something I've never done? Should I sit on their laps? <---- is what I felt like retorting but I didn't. Or may be I should've. Talking back shows confidence, does it not? Anyway the other guides, my coworkers, are all in high school and are really mousy and whisper like ghosts. Why isn't she critcizing them??? Oh right, they been working there a while so they know what to do. I wish bosses could know how much it hurts when they criticize you, it really demoralizes instead of motivates.
          Anyway I think I'll stick to it anyway. My boss is rude, she was maknig fun of this other girl that she interviewed and she called her lacking in social skills. As someone who has trouble socializing that really pissed me off but I said nothing and fake laughed. And before someone says it, I know it's her job to criticize but there's a way to do that without being rude. She did say nice stuff to me too anyway.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
            How can I be confident with something I've never done?
            Fake it. Know your script well and act like you know what you are doing. You don't have to be good enough to fool yourself, you just need to be good enough to fool a bunch of strangers who are there to have fun.

It sounds like it could be a very fun job, I hope you love it!

Comment

Just remember: They're not people; they're just customers.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                Fake it. Know your script well and act like you know what you are doing. You don't have to be good enough to fool yourself, you just need to be good enough to fool a bunch of strangers who are there to have fun.

It sounds like it could be a very fun job, I hope you love it!
                Yeah it is fun. Finally a job that is fun! I swear, I didn't know one existed!
                Now I know most of the script and and people are having fun. There's a negative nancy and nelsons every once in awhile, though. Like this lady who lost, she was all sour grapes and said "thanks for making feel like an idiot!" ._.
                But most of them are good sports about it. Plus I've been getting good reviews. But the boss wants excellent reviews! I don't think I've gotten one of those in my life! Every review I've gotten was "HM was so rude and mean cuz she didn't give me what I want! Blarhgbla!" at the hotel. Well, except for once, and that was fluke I think....

Comment

Working...
                X