This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things overheard at my job

I don't get to post a lot, because lots of stuff at my job are super serious, and while they can be sucky, most of the clients are going through a lot and it's my job to deal with the sucky as well as the good.

Since I don't post much-quick background. I'm a case manager in community corrections. kinda like a halfway house for people who are on their last chance before they go to prison, people coming out of prison reintegrating back into the community, sex offenders (we have an amazing SO program, but I won't tell you the stats, because even though we are like #1 in the state in reducing recidivism, they are depressingly low) and a variety of fed programs for those who have committed federal crimes.

So, some of the things I've heard from clients

"this place is so, like, not cool"

Client obviously hasn't showered in some time, is dirty and has a noticeable smell "I don't know why it's always so filthy around here and everyone is getting sick"

"I didn't use! The Guatemalans spiked my coffee"

Client says nothing, just looks at me and hisses like a cat

Client 1-"I'm always so stressed out. I don't know how to relax"
    Client 2 "Have you tried going in the shower and rubbing one out?"
    Client 1-"...are you telling me to go fuck myself?"

Upon signing in from pass and providing a positive result on a breathalyzer test-"I KNEW I shouldn't have kissed that girl that way"

"I make sure my cellies (room mates) know that I pee a little in my shampoo so no one else steals it"

I guess that just shows that no matter who our customers are there are always some odd and funny things that happen.

Though I have to say that "The Guatemalans spiked my coffee." might be a good excuse for anything that goes wrong.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post

Though I have to say that "The Guatemalans spiked my coffee." might be a good excuse for anything that goes wrong.
      that one is my favorite excuse for a hot UA that I've had in 10 years. There are some other good ones, but this one is so oddly specific. When I offered to assist him in pressing assault charges, he came clean and admitted that he chose to use

Comment

Quoth April View Post
        Upon signing in from pass and providing a positive result on a breathalyzer test-"I KNEW I shouldn't have kissed that girl that way"
        Which girl was it? His Hispanic Aunt Mary (Tia Maria), that politically-connected Russian chick (Commissar), or (more likely) the St. Pauli Girl?

Since Jester's not around, I'll give the details - a liqueur, a brand of vodka, and a brand of beer.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

These are some good ones. "This place is so, like, not cool." I think that's the point dude. How cool is jail?

Comment

I'd imagine that the old-style (before the middle of the 20th century) prisons not designed for central heating would be pretty cool in winter.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X