X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma will hit you big time sweetheart

So here's the story...

I am technically stress, mad, and impatient right now after this so called a friend of mine left a $200 debt under my name. I have been so nice to her and, I just suddenly realize that she is a social-climber. She even curses at me, telling that I will have my bad days to come.

Am I a bad person for telling her to be responsible enough and stop running from her problems in life? I am just concern because she's a friend.

She verbally abuses you and rips you off? That's not much of a friend, IMO.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth lexamckenzie View Post

Am I a bad person for telling her to be responsible enough and stop running from her problems in life? I am just concern because she's a friend.
      With friends like her, you don't need enemies. Seriously, put her in the rear-view mirror and hit the gas. Oh, she's going to run her mouth, you can bet your bottom dollar, but there's nothing you can do about that except ignore it. If she's causing you stress, and costing you money and abusing you, you don't need her.

Nana naaaaa naaaaa nana naaaaa naaaaa hey heyyyyyy.....

Comment

Third vote for "toss her to the curb." Did she run this debt up without your knowledge, or did you two share a debt on something and now she's reneging on her share? Regardless of which it is, she's no friend, she's a leech. And don't think she won't throw you under the bus anytime it's convenient for her.

CyberLurch put it well: put her in the rear-view mirror and hit the gas! Yes, she'll gossip and bitch and whine, but believe me, a lot of people who have to listen will have her pegged as the problem very quickly.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Agreed, drop this like a bad habit. Look into a way to assign that debt to the one who ran it up.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

One tiny variance from everyone else: I would be sweet as pie (and persistent as hell) until that debt is cleared up. Make sure she can never do that again.

And then I would kick her to the curb. BRUTALLY.

Comment

You’re not a bad person, I say you’re a decent one for telling someone you consider to be your friend a painful truth.
              You said she left it under your name. So I’m assuming she ran up a bill without your knowledge and consent, you got stuck with it and paid it.
              Word girl has a good point, do what you have to and get the money back.
              I'm not going to say anything about what you should do about your relationship with this person, but if all else fails, it might be worth taking them to court to reclaim the money. You'll lose some of it in fees but at least you'd recover some of it.

Comment

Quoth flourbomb View Post
                *snip*
                Word girl has a good point, do what you have to and get the money back.
                *snip*
                This is a good point; however, I would also set an unspoken (as in: don't tell HER) time limit on how long I'd be willing to be sweet as pie to her. At some point, if nothing could get her to cough up the dough, I'd decide it was time to cut my losses and move on.
                Last edited by Pixelated; 05-04-2017, 01:50 AM.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                X