This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a start time, any start time ...

First time back at work at my retail job in nearly two weeks. My starting time is:

1) noon
    2) 1:00 p.m.
    3) 2:00 p.m.

Short version of the backstory is: last time I saw the schedule was two weeks ago. It said my start time today is 2:00 p.m.

Two days ago I get a call from Coworker. Can I come in an hour early to help cover some time from his shift because he's doing blah blah blah ... I don't actually remember. He also said he had yet to clear the whole thing with New Manager. I said okay.

CW: "Oh, great, so you'll be starting at noon."

Me: "What? No, I'm not scheduled to start until 2."

CW: "I'm pretty sure you're scheduled for 1."

It would not be unusual for the schedule to have changed since I saw it last, and with the demise of the store's Facebook group (at company's orders) the only way to notify staff of a schedule change would be by phone call or text message. I didn't get either.

Me: "Okay, well, tell her I can start at noon if she needs me."

CW: "Thanks!"

Never got anything further from him. So I get up this morning with absolutely no clue when I'm supposed to show up.

Finally broke down and called the damn store.

I start at 2.

Dammit, I coulda slept in for at least another hour.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

At least you were there an hour early rather than an hour late...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yikes. Are you sure that start time actually reflects co-worker's request?

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
        Yikes. Are you sure that start time actually reflects co-worker's request?
        Funny you should ask that ... I ran into him at the store on Saturday and what he meant was could I cover part of his shift NEXT Saturday.

Turns out, however, that he doesn't need me next Saturday either.

Glad we got that straightened out.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
        X