This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eyeglasses (prank)

[BG] The bank where I work has a dropbox for used eyeglasses in our lobby. When the box gets full we send them to the Lions Club, who cleans and repairs them so they can be given to folks who need them. [/BG]

About a month ago, one of the tellers, "Erica", took a bunch of the eyeglasses out of the box and hid them in the Branch Manager's office. To his credit, BM took it in stride when he started discovering glasses in his office. He doesn't even wear glasses. He would walk out of his office wearing the strange pair of glasses and comment on how odd it was that glasses kept "appearing" in his office.

I don't know if Erica was keeping track of how many pairs of glasses BM found, or if she felt safe because her annual review went well... but today, BM had to leave early for a meeting and Erica grabbed every last pair of glasses out of the box and dumped them in an empty drawer in BM's office.

I suggested she leave a single pair in a different place so that after BM finds the drawer-full and empties it, thinking he's found them all, he will then open a drawer and find one last pair of glasses.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Sounds like a fun prank. Not mean like so many.

Comment

Yeah, that's a nice victimless prank. More of this sort of thing!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

BM found the drawer full of eyeglasses this morning. He made a comment thanking one of the tellers for emptying the eyeglasses box while he grabbed a bag to empty the drawer. He also made a comment that it must have been the work of more than one person. (No, but we were all egging her on.)
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X