This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job *sigh*

So I got hired on the spot today. I applied to be a kitchen prep worker or a cleaner, but they said that they don't need one. Huh, what about the job ad saying they did? They said that they need a cook and a bartender. Uhmmm...I don't know any of those. I can cook a bit but I know nothing about bartending. They said don't worry, they'll train me, and that it's a small bar. This got my suspicions up but I looked them over and they didn't seem high or crazy. They were looking right into my eyes and their pupils were normal (I'm no Dr, but a Dr told me how to tell :/) So we'll see how it goes. I'm still going to look for another job though. Usually when they advertise one job and actually hire people for another, they expect you to know everything about the job they hired you for. Weird I know. But they promised to train me. I can only hope they don't mean one day of training and then toss me to the wolves. I'll see how it goes but I have a bad feeling.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Yyyyyeahhh... Keep sending those resumes out >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One day of training might be optimistic...good luck.

Comment

Congrats on the job, but definitely keep looking ... an employer with that kind of loosey-goosey attitude towards hiring is probably not somebody who's going to be in business for long.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

So that job didn't work out :/ (you all are just shocked I'm sure) so now I got a job at a spa as a cleaner. They didn't play games, they asked for one and they got one. The good things about this one is that it's really close, only 3 miles away, and the staff are really nice, and it smells great (I think they use aromatherapy there). In fact the only bad thing is the pay, it's really pathetic. Plus I have to do laundry there, which i don't mind, but I have to take it in my car and do it at a laundromat, since they don't have a washer and dryer. My new boss says that she'll give me raise soon, yeah yeah, that's what they always say (I don't believe her). I saw an ad for the same job but it pays better, but when I talked to the woman there, she sounded really snippy. Oh well, at least I can sit down and have a rest while waiting for the laundry, but I'll also still be looking. As usual.

Comment

I'm sorry the other job didn't work out, but yeah, not surprised ... and nor are you, I'm guessing. At least the spa one is something you can live with while you keep looking (although I agree, it's ridiculous they don't have on-site laundry facilities!)

Good luck, and I hope things turn around for you soon.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I hope you are getting some sort of compensation for using your personal vehicle.

Comment

No I wasn't paid for my vehicle and now I have left that job. The pay was too small and had no benefits, the only thing it had going for it was it was close by. Now I'm working at a warehouse, the pay is decent, I don't have to be tightening my belt. It's a pretty good place to work at except for the fact that I see a lot of workers just standing around doing nothing, which I think is unfair when there's plenty of work to be done. But the boss advises me to just concentrate on my own tasks, and ignore them. Which is what I'm going to do. I'm so tired of job hopping. It warms my heart that there are so many opportunities out there, but it gets OLD after awhile. :/

Comment

Working...
                X