Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HUMOR] Pokemon moves as workplace aids!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HUMOR] Pokemon moves as workplace aids!

(This was very heavily inspired by "Fantasy coupons for retail workers")

Extremespeed: Instantly return to assigned station/area

Is your workplace plagued by the Too Helpful Guy? You know, the person who has to help everyone else with their work while ignoring their own tasks, in the process getting in the way and throwing people off their game? Use Extremespeed to return to your area in an instant from any part of the restaurant/store/whatever, blocking them in the process! No more losing your place or standing around waiting for them to finish the tasks they've hijacked from you!

Roar: Remove problem customer

Are the cars stacking up as you deal with the two-order car, the guy ordering three milkshakes in the middle of the lunch rush, or the person trying to order a BLT at a burger joint? Use Roar to blow them out of the line, allowing it to flow smoothly again! As an added bonus, helps to mitigate the "bullwhip lines" that cause drive-bys when both windows are open!

Mind Reader: Remove thick accent

You don't have the foggiest clue what the person on the other side of the intercom is trying to order, but management expects you to be able to hack your way through any accent, not matter how thick. No worries! With Mind Reader, you can bypass your customer's speech entirely and read their thoughts, allowing you to ring up their order accurately without having to say "what?" 10 mullion times or ask another headset wielder what they're trying to say.

Protect: Deny written warning

That write-up is bogus as all get out, and the boss knows it too, but The Rules say it must be given. Or maybe you really deserve it, but the last thing you need is for them to have another excuse to fire you. Either way, use Protect to make it disintegrate, leaving your record clear.

Teleport: Escape from shift at listed clockout time, regardless of extenuating circumstances

Is the joint getting busier and busier as the end of your shift looms? Is the path to the punch clock constantly guarded by the boss who thinks you're a crybaby if you say you have plans after work and need to be out on time? Use Teleport to be out right when the schedule says you'll be out, no fuss, no muss. Whatever you were going to miss, you won't now!
    Last edited by Shotgun Chuck; 06-04-2017, 07:43 AM.
    Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Workermon used Mind Reader!

...but Customerian's brain is empty!

It's not very effective!

Customerian uses Faughguffawgafugahfugah!

Workermon is Confused!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Buyermon used Roar!

...but Belligerimon is enraged!

Belligerimon used Ultra Roar!

Buyermon fainted!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm glad that there's someone else that detests thick accents, everytime I groused about it, people are just like, deal with it. When working in an international job like in a hotel, you get lot of those. Made me wanna time infinity.
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
          I'm glad that there's someone else that detests thick accents, everytime I groused about it, people are just like, deal with it. When working in an international job like in a hotel, you get lot of those. Made me wanna time infinity.
          Alaska is home to a lot of Russians, (surprisingly) a lot of Mexicans, and a lot of Asians of indeterminate origin. Any of their accents become my kryptonite if thick enough. Now put a crummy DT intercom that would rather pick up loud cars/diesel trucks/trains/sirens/whatever than their voice between us, and the results are predictable.

Agility: Increase speed dramatically. Effect stacks with sequential uses.

Service sector managers are notoriously bad at recognizing limiting factors on employee performance... such as, say, the difficulties associated with exceeding the speed of light. Don't let it get you down! With this move, you can work fast enough to leave a vapor trail - and no extra mistakes! Finally, you'll be able to meet your boss's expectations!

Calm Mind: Become immune to caring

The line is stacking up, the car that wanted four separate orders now wants to consolidate them at the window, everyone wants ice cream, bosses are brayin' about service times, and the cookline is running at lightning speed so you can't even get anything done between orders. Of course, your bosses think you should be able to pull this mess together and get everything done in time anyway, with zero mistakes of course, but experience suggests otherwise. But then, if success is impossible, why stress over it? You're gonna get yelled at either way and if you could do anything about it you already would've; better to face it with a long face than a downturned one. Use this move to completely blank out awareness of angry supervisors and managers, allowing yourself to focus on doing the best you actually can in this situation.
          Last edited by Shotgun Chuck; 06-04-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Along with Mind Reader, could you instal something that makes people speak at normal volumes? The accents can be tough enough; when the person is nearly whispering, it's enough to make me grab a pen and paper and write "I DON'T LIP-READ" and hold that out towards the customer.

Of course, like all businesses these days, we must have music ... and the speaker is right over the aforementioned counter. Which just adds to the aggravation.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Along with Mind Reader, could you instal something that makes people speak at normal volumes? The accents can be tough enough; when the person is nearly whispering, it's enough to make me grab a pen and paper and write "I DON'T LIP-READ" and hold that out towards the customer.

Of course, like all businesses these days, we must have music ... and the speaker is right over the aforementioned counter. Which just adds to the aggravation.
              SO MUCH THIS. Like I said, those intercoms are pretty bad at the rest of times; add in someone who doesn't want to speak clearly for whatever reason (as in, I have my headset all the way up and still can barely make out what you're saying) it can get frustrating quickly.

Of course, in either situation, anyone else with a headset will pick it up on the first try with no difficulty and will happily embarrass you with that ability.

Comment

Working...
              X