Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id love to help you, can I buy a vowel?

Not an sc, but an older gentleman I believe had a speech impediment. He comes up to me and says "where are the cahdeirhhdjjehr" (not sure what he said exactly) so I asked "I'm sorry what was that?" He repeats "where are the cahdjejfbfhje?" I say "I'm not sure let me ask a manager." I try unsuccessfully to find one, but as I walk by he has a paper, on which he has written "cashews." I say "follow me" and show him exactly where they were. Frustrating when I can't understand what a customer wants and am clueless how to help, but eventually he got what he needed.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either a speech impediment or there was something else going on with him. I know when my blood sugars tank I'm pretty impossible to understand because everything runs together and gets jumbled up. Thank goodness that hasn't happened when I'm out on my own or I'd probably have been taken to the drunk tank...

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
      Either a speech impediment or there was something else going on with him. I know when my blood sugars tank I'm pretty impossible to understand because everything runs together and gets jumbled up.
      Migraines will do that too. It's bad enough that they can sometimes screw with my vision, but they'll cause me to slur my speech too. If you've never had a bad one, they can be like someone took a white magic marker and scribbled all over your eyes. Then try to talk to someone, or walk across a room. Disorienting as hell
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've had migraines like that. I end up completely incapacitated with the really bad ones, and it takes me a couple of days to fully recover. Thankfully I haven't had one in a while because right now we don't have anybody to cover my shifts if I need to take time off to deal with a nasty migraine

Comment

Working...
        X