This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post
    This lady came in and imediatly started to fill her shopping bag from another store with goods.
    My wife spotted someone doing something like that once. I was there too, but I wasn't really paying attention.

She said she saw this old lady take a handful of the store's plastic grocery bags out of her purse, and then start filling them with random items from the shelves. We're not sure if she intended to walk out the door with them, like she had already paid, or if she was going to go up front and "return" them for cash.

My wife found a nearby employee and alerted him to what was going on. Sadly, we were in a hurry, so we couldn't stick around to watch the resulting carnage.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      To this day, we don't know what they wanted with $800 in sheets.
      It was probably some kind of joke - do it just because they could - unless they were planning on something else with them - but the only reason I could see for stealing sheets is a toga party!

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        It was probably some kind of joke - do it just because they could - unless they were planning on something else with them - but the only reason I could see for stealing sheets is a toga party!

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!
        Free sheets = no laundry
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

There was an open box computer that went missing from our endcap becuase it was back in the warehouse as a return or something of the sort. It was then taken out of the warehouse and put on my desk to be set up again. Out of boredom I randomly got the instinctual urge to open it up... heard a bit of a rattling as I turned it on its side. Figured maybe a loose PCI slot plate or something.

...the heatsink was dangling slightly.

...Someone jacked the processor. The f*cking AMD Athlon 64 3800+ someone just pulled it out and left the heat sink dangling.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!
            Klan meeting????
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              Klan meeting????
              No, Animal House.

Comment

Tria, I don't think he was asking what movie that was referencing

He was just suggesting another reason why someone would want an assload of white sheets.

Comment

Maybe he was attending a klan meeting?

Comment

At my very first job (mail order game store), we went to conventions about 6 times a year. I'd sit at the booth while the owner would drum up business around the con, then come back and I'd do the same thing.

So at one particular convention, we'd decided to bring with us our video game selection. It consisted of the popular games for SNES, Jaguar, 3DO and Sega Saturn systems (yeah, it was that long ago).

So cue the kids who saw the games, but couldn't afford them. While I was busy helping a customer, a kid came up and was ogling a game. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and mentioned casually that we had the hint book for it too if he was interested. He said thanks, put it back and walked off. A bit later he came back while I was away and tried to take the game. But the owner was quick and caught him before he got out of the dealer room. From what I understand, he had his badge taken away, and was banned from ever registering again.

SO told me about an incident a few weeks ago. He works in the dairy department at a local grocery store, so he gets his share of milk maids (the people who demand the latest dated milk) and those who ask tons of questions about the dairy products.

One night, he caught a guy switching eggs between the 18 ct. medium and the 18 ct. extra large. Basically, he was trying to get the extra large eggs at the medium egg price.

SO told the guy to stop what he was doing or he'd call security. The guy called him on it and SO called up to the front area to warn the manager that someone was trying to steal eggs. After giving a description, the guy was caught. He had to make a statement that he'd seen the guy switch the eggs, and as far as he knows the guy has been banned from his store.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                      Free sheets = no laundry
                      Eh...I always wash new sheets before using them. I like how they smell with the laundry detergent, and it makes them softer. I'm a bit of a sheet snob - I won't go near anything with polyester in them. Even my mattress pad, comforter, and pillows are 100% cotton . Methinks they may have been up to some...er...messy activities
                      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                        Eh...I always wash new sheets before using them.
                        We guys don't do that. No, we love those square wrinkles!
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          We guys don't do that. No, we love those square wrinkles!
                          I kinda assume they wouldn't sell dirty sheets.
                          ludo ergo sum

Comment

Thursday this guy came in and bought some stuff, then tried to stuff more items in the bad. I said, "You didn't pay for that." He tried to tell me that he "just forgot," and agrees to pay for them.

The first item I scan comes up regular price, and he tried to convince me that it should be half that price because "ya'll are rippin' me off!"

Comment

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
                              The first item I scan comes up regular price, and he tried to convince me that it should be half that price because "ya'll are rippin' me off!"
                              Well yeah, he was expecting to get it for free.
                              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                                I kinda assume they wouldn't sell dirty sheets.
                                Yeah, but if they're not packaged up, they're dirty enough from all those other customers handling them. Like the clothes at Wal-Mart that everyone and their dog has already tried on.
                                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                                X