At least my paycheque will be heftier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least my paycheque will be heftier

I was scheduled for my usual 4-hour shift yesterday ... from 12:30 to 4:30.

Two hours into my shift, a supervisor comes over.

S: "Would you be willing to stay a bit later tonight?"

Me: "How late?"

S: "Um ... until 9?"

Me:

Apparently a 5-9 person had called in sick. Supervisor didn't think I'd take it. Her face when I said "Oh, okay" was something to behold.

That meant I got a half-hour lunch plus a second break. It also meant I got to use the one and only Miss Congeniality ticket I've received to date.

A couple of hours later, a coworker said "Boy, are you going to regret this."

You're kidding, right? I regretted it two minutes after I said "Okay."

And my one cat screamed bloody murder at me when I finally walked in the door, because I was SOOOOOO late.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Well, obviously, you should have checked with the cat first
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You shall pay dearly for disobeying your Fuzzy Overlord. You may lose that extra pay to catnip.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

And toona. Nebber furgets da toona.
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Well, obviously, you should have checked with the cat first
          I know, right? I just hope he knows how to answer the landline when I call ...

Quoth csquared View Post
          You shall pay dearly for disobeying your Fuzzy Overlord. You may lose that extra pay to catnip.
          Oddly, he is one of the few cats I've had that has minimal interest in the stuff. Maybe I need to find a higher-quality 'nip ....

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          And toona. Nebber furgets da toona.
          Now THAT is definitely a requirement!
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X