R- or X-rated drinks ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R- or X-rated drinks ... ?

At our registers, when you scan something, the name/brand often pops up on the register in shortened form ... probably due to space restrictions.

I recently scanned two bottles of fruit juice for a customer, and the machine shortened the brand name to ... LEWD FRUIT JUICE.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    At our registers, when you scan something, the name/brand often pops up on the register in shortened form ... probably due to space restrictions.

I recently scanned two bottles of fruit juice for a customer, and the machine shortened the brand name to ... LEWD FRUIT JUICE.
    So that's what my son Llewellen Dale is up to.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When I worked at Jack in the Box many moons ago, if a customer ordered a Supreme Croissant, it came up on the grill cook's monitor as "SPRM crsnt".

Comment

Back at pizzachain in the 90's, we used a text-based-with-ASCII bits system which was either DOS or Linux-based. Almost everything used single-character references for the toppings. One combo pizza was PSMOG (pep, sausage, shrooms, onion, green pepper); a half and half might come up as 16LS-1/2PV1/2MJ (16", light sauce, half pepperoni & green olives (O was black olives), half mushrooms and jalapenos). For some, we just plain put in "ASK" so we could explain it to the order makers verbally.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One evening I was ringing up this couple that was purchasing some of store brand KY lubricant. On our old registers it shortened it to LUB JELLY. I will never forget that.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

As an IT guy, I look at file and folder names. The number of words that users can and do (or are sometimes forced to by name length limitations) shorten to "ass" is rather startling.
            Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
            They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

For a time, assorted chili peppers would show as "ASS PEPPERS" on the screen. Cue the customer who was buying a bag of scotch bonnets: "Hold up, 'ass' as in 'blow your ass out'? Yup, that sounds about right."

"Assorted" is always shortened to "ass"...wouldn't "astd" make more sense?
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
                As an IT guy, I look at file and folder names. The number of words that users can and do (or are sometimes forced to by name length limitations) shorten to "ass" is rather startling.
                We have a lot of analytics servers here so.. yah,I get it.

We also have an quirk with how our Microsoft exchange server was named. At that time, the last letter in common internal company name abbreviation was the letter 's'. When they named it, they just took the abbreviation and added 'exchange' to it, so our company mail server was named something like 'zzsexchange' for the longest time.
                Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 10-04-2021, 03:37 PM.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  For a time, assorted chili peppers would show as "ASS PEPPERS" on the screen. Cue the customer who was buying a bag of scotch bonnets: "Hold up, 'ass' as in 'blow your ass out'? Yup, that sounds about right."

"Assorted" is always shortened to "ass"...wouldn't "astd" make more sense?
                  You think that's bad?

The wholesale club's registers would ring up "ASS CHOCOLATE."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My title often comes up abbreviated to ASS MANAGER. Sometimes it felt eerily accurate, managing a selection of asses....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Back at pizza chain in the 90's,...Almost everything used single-character references for the toppings.
                      Heh! My first job was at a pizza restaurant, and we wrote up the tickets with the single characters for each topping.

Sausage and mushrooms were a popular combination. Yep, it was called the S & M pizza.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Heh! My first job was at a pizza restaurant, and we wrote up the tickets with the single characters for each topping.

Sausage and mushrooms were a popular combination. Yep, it was called the S & M pizza.
                        For us, Pepperoni, Mushroom and Sausage was known as 'the Monthly'
                        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

At the music store: MOZ DONG ... Mozart's 'Don Giovanni'.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X