This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flame fest

I have watched an eppy or two, way back when it first started. From one of the ones I watched they had the girl in tears because they were critisizing her. Or maybe I'm getting my shows mixed up?

At any rate, I only wear straight leg jeans (I hate boot cuts and flairs and low riders. I want my legs straight to my ankles and my belt around my actual waist, thank you), I know I'm a Winter and I KNOW yellow and orange and light green do NOT look good on me. I look better in Earth and Gem tones. I wear shoes bigger than my feet because I find them far more comfortable (mind, these shoes aren't so big that they flop and threaten to fall off with every step I take, I've merely got an extra inch of room in front of my toes).

That's my point. They're assuming (generic 'they're') I don't know how to dress myself or what looks good on me or how to put on makeup because I dress in a manner 'different' to what THEY would choose. I look fine. No, I don't look fashion model but neither do I look like yesterday's bum. I hate makeup. I know how to put it on, I grew up going to church every sunday and makeup was a MUST in my mother's eyes. I hate the way it feels. It dries out my skin something terrible, even the softer 'moisturizing' stuff. It takes too much time. I find makeup pretty pointless.

I also know when or where it is appropriate to dress up. My work Christmas party everyone was stunned because I came in a dark wine colored dress that looked fantastic, had my hair done and makeup on.

I KNOW how to do it, I just don't want to. I'm comfortable and fine the way I am, I dress appropriately for work (I don't deal with the public and we're really casual) and if my job changed I'd dress appropriately for there.

I understand they're trying to help people but my point is, just because I choose to dress THIS way does not mean I don't know how to dress THAT way. I just don't want to. And if they don't like it, tough beans.

Does that make more sense?
    Last edited by LewisLegion; 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM.
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
      I KNOW how to do it, I just don't want to. I'm comfortable and fine the way I am, I dress appropriately for work (I don't deal with the public and we're really casual) and if my job changed I'd dress appropriately for there.

I understand they're trying to help people but my point is, just because I choose to dress THIS way does not mean I don't know how to dress THAT way. I just don't want to. And if they don't like it, tough beans.

Does that make more sense?
      Yep, makes perfect sense.

It also means you wouldn't end up on the show in the first place, though.

You already know how to dress, and dress appropriately for your environment, so you're in no danger of being nominated (Yes, the people that go on the show are suggested to the producers by their own friends!) for the show.
      Last edited by JustADude; 06-25-2007, 03:01 AM.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
        My favorite designer show? It was featured on E!'s shocking moments. Its the show with that big, boisterous black gal in charge and they painted this poor lady's interior ORANGE or similar. They do the reveal, she's in shock, crying, trying to fall into the floor, and tells them how much she HATES it. When I saw it, I didn't get the "bitchy priss" vibe off of her, I felt they finally got someone who was telling them the truth.

By far one of my favorite episodes, ever.
        Ah yes, Clean House.

That episode was awesome - I've watched it a couple of times.

The homeowner in that one came off as pretty crazy in my opinion...might have just been the editing but she was scary.

I did think the orange/red couch was horrible...I wouldn't have liked the front room at all. The other room(s) they did weren't bad but she still pitched a fit.

I have a feeling that the daughter or someone else basically MADE her go on the show when she wasn't ready to make a change.

As someone with a mother-in-law with major collector's syndrome or whatever they call it, I know how incredibly frustrating it is...but it's just like any other addiction/mental issue. You can't make em change.

Comment

On another note re tv shows that make your job harder...

I work in IT.

There's a fairly painful show from the UK called the IT Crowd...it has funny moments but is mostly brainless in my opinion.

Unfortunately it's coming to the US. This means it's going to be even MORE brainless most likely. I am NOT looking forward to this.

Idiots at my work are going to be watching this damn thing and basically coming up to me and repeating the running gags endlessly. I'm going to be hearing about it all day every day. I already have to hear jokes from the Office and Office Space every other day. Don't watch the Office, and I did like Office Space until I had to hear about it constantly. Pretty sick of it now.

I don't need users thinking they know our "clever tricks to avoid work" like making them reboot...because guys, I don't tell you that just to avoid going over to your desk. It really does help most of the time.

I can only pray for a quick cancellation.

Comment

Oh, believe me, my friends and family would nominate me. I wouldn't go along with it or get selected, maybe, but they would most certainly nominate me.

Good thing I love 'em
            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
            X