X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ass kissers always win..

SIGH!

There is no hope for honest decent people anymore....

The rules will always be bent for you if you are willing to kiss the supervisor's ass and spend your every moment being his/her lapdog.

You all know about my ex....the freak. Of course there's bad blood between us. Part of the reason I am so mad about this is because now I have to see him every night. But it's the principle of the matter (I know you all hate that expression, but it's true!)

After all the layoffs, we are finally back on track and building up to speed. Voluntary overtime is back.

We were told that employees are only allowed to volunteer for up to 12 hours a week. No More. Doesn't matter if you are an operator or a trainer or a room runner. It must be fair for everyone.

Yet on the sign up sheet, whose name is there for 8 hours every night this week other than his weeknight shift he already has to work? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

Last week I saw him kissing ass to my supervisor on the other side of the room, and when my supervisor walked away, I folded my hands in the shape of a rear end and started kissing it. He glared at me and turned around.

He tries to spend as much time as he can in the office with my supervisor. Not only does he spend 9 hours of his 12 hour shifts on the weekends in the office playing his PSP and sucking up to his OWN supervisor, he's been doing the same thing to MY supervisor for almost the entire year I've been there (except my supervisor is much more professional and actually goes into the production areas and assists operators and FORBIDS video games and all other unecessary shit at work).

One night my friend and I were walking past the office, and there he was with his legs all crossed in the chair, intently listening to everything my supervisor said. I said softly yet loudly, "Looks like he's about to hop in his lap and give him a kiss!"

WHY do supervisors let people like that kiss ass? Is it flattering or something?

And why in God's name do these people ALWAYS get their way and get further ahead than us decent HONEST people?

My parents taught me to be honest and not suck up. Who taught him that it was alright?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Ah-wuh? Did I read that right? 12-hours a day PLUS 8 hours overtime?!

He's going to be at the factory 20 hours then?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

No no, 12 hours max a WEEK.

Weekend people work 3 12 hr shifts a week, two on the weekend and one during the week.

So he's set himself up for 8 hr shifts Sunday Monday Wednesday and Thursday, the days he normally isn't there.

That's more than 12 hrs Overtime, you asskissing asshole. No one else is allowed to do that!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sometimes the supervisor doesn't know that their ass is being kissed. Seriously. They need someone outside the situation to point it out to them. I've done it to a friend of mine, he honestly didn't see it, and while he was around his workers and stood behind his policies, he didn't know that this guy was doing all sorts of crap he shouldn't have been behind his back because.....he was trusted. Or, as I pointed out, he was the asskisser.

Told my friend flat out, go up to any employee and ask them to tell you honestly who the office asskisser is, and to list reasons why they don't like him.

He found out that quite a few of his employees weren't too fond of him either because of the way he was perceived as spoiling a lazy-ass whiner just for being his asskisser.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

That certainly has to be, well, a lot of "fun". lol

When I worked for Publix in the late 1980's, we had a guy, initials CB, who was like this. I had hired on the very same day this jerk did, yet within two months, he got to be a front end in-charge, while kissing ass to the manager who kisses his boss' ass. On Saturdays, they would have the guys stay late to mop and wax the floors, and they always let CB be in charge of the crew! During this time, he would treat everyone like he was a drill sargeant in the army. "Come on! Get those floors cleaned, and I don't care how sore your pussies are!" And what was really bad was the manager he kissed ass to was always there and actually tolerated verbal abuse like this.

Thankfully, the store manager himself got wind of this and put a stop to this bastard being in charge. He was 16 at the time, which was found to be under age for being in charge of a floor crew. Also, nobody had to work in an atmosphere with abuse like this. I saw CB a few years ago, and with it being, say 15 years later, he still is the same person although he has since then moved on to other things.

Comment

I hate people, who ass kiss. At my old job, we had this one guy who was there for 3 weeks, and he got employee of the month. He always took one of thee supervisors fish, that he caught that weekend. I went in every Saturday so that my line could be caught up for the following week. Everyone, including myself, tought I would have been employee of the month. Hell I mean everyone, the people in HR, and the GM thought that also. After the other guy, got it, I simply did not care about that company anymore.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

The amount of asskissing and sucking up that goes on in my workplace is amazing. To be honest, I don't care any more--just go in, do my job and collect my pittance once a week. If other people want to waste time and energy brownnosing, be my guest. That said, I'm lucky that the continuing soap opera doesn't affect my own work much if at all. I've had jobs where asskissing DID make my shift a living hell, so for those of you who have to put up with a lot of idiotic nonsense, you have my deepest sympathies. There's not much you can do about that kind of thing.

Comment

The old arena job of mine was nothing but asskisssing. I live and work in one of the wealthiest counties in my area. Everyone you work under expects their asses to be kissed.

A memorable rant from my idiot dept. head: When you get a customer who pays *insert unheard of amount of cash* YOU BETTER KISS THEIR ASSES!!
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

This one guy at my job, who I never could figure out how he's kept his job since way before I started there, used to kiss up to not only his manager, but his manager's manager as well. (Hey, I think I answered my own question. )

I'm sure his whole world got turned upside down the day both of the above-mentioned managers got canned. But somehow, he's still around, although he transferred to a different department awhile back.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Shouldn't you have to be at a job at least a month to be employee of the month?

The only asskisser at my job is my boss. I wouldn't say anyone *hates* him, but he can be really annoying and a tad passive aggressive at times...there's only 8 of us besides him and we all eat lunch together and he is often a big topic of conversation...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                    X