X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manly Pizzas.

One previous story will tie together what happened today:

It was a day a few months ago, when we were busy, and had all the normal couples n business folk seating and eating their fill of buffet.

Manager J comes back to Mrs.S and says,"I need some manly pizzas for the buffet." Because we all know what most men like on pizza. Especially this large group of men who obviously work with their hands all day.

Mrs.S throws in a cheese, pepperoni, and a bacon cheeseburger pizza with thousand island.

After their cut and placement on the buffet, Man. J asks us to tell him what pizzas men like. Mrs.S replies with "whatever they eat." I reply with,"meaty goodness."

He says," That's right! Men was hearty pizza, not this dainty burger!"

I was right! We had a small, humorous discussion about which pizzas had gender, and which were unisex.

Today:

A group of 17-25yr. old guys come in, and we needed some more pizzas for the buffet. So I turn around n yell,"We need some man pizzas on the buffet!"

Mrs.S puts in the appropriate pizzas.

Manager D comes to me and says,"You know, we can hear every word you just said? What if they now think we have discriminations against their pizza likes? We don't have 'boy' pizza, we don't have 'queer' or 'lesbian' pizza, its just pizza, you dork!"

The guys took it in stride, and were happy with their food.

For the record, some pizza genders we have all statisicly judged:

Manly: All meat, pepperoni and sausage, cinnabread, club or italian snappolies (think calzone with sauce outside), supreme, thin sausage, snapperoni (pepperoni death), sampler, thin veggie, taco, barbeque chicken with pineapple, pineapple and green olive.

Womanly: Regular veggie, pepperoni and mushrooms, mushrooms, ham or supreme snappolies, cheese, ham and sausage, thin pepperoni, ham/onion/mushroom, chocolate and peanut butter desert, hawaiian.

Unisex: Ranch, loaded potato, pepperoni,black olive, chocolate desert, apple or cherry desert, five cheese, barbeque chicken, five cheese chicken, bacon cheeseburger, sausage.

Ah yes, I keep being told that real men do not eat cheese pizza. Those people can blow me.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
      Ah yes, I keep being told that real men do not eat cheese pizza. Those people can blow me.
      Reminds me of a quote from my husband: "Real men don't eat quiche. They inhale it!"
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hmm.... I like meat... on my pizzas.

Actually, Nekojin and I prefer chicken and mushroom with extra cheese or ham and pineapple and bacon bits for our pizzas of choice.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Its just the general area I'm sure =)

I love bacon pizza, but its not on there XD

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Reminds me of a quote from my husband: "Real men don't eat quiche. They inhale it!"
            That's one thing that I don't get:

Pie is manly.
            Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
            Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.

Call that pie a quiche, and it's girly.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Here in NZ we have a great pizza chain called HELL PIZZA (I am using the real name because this company is so great, I never have anythig bad to say about them).
              Anyway, they have a pizza called LUST (meatlovers in any other store). To advertise this there is a picture of a condom wrapper with the corner torn off and a pizza inside. It's a really cool ad idea and a real manly pizza.

To see the add
              http://www.spareroom.co.nz/wp-conten...om%20pizza.jpg
              "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
              "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Hmm...I'd have thought thin-crust veggie would be a girly pizza...

Personally I don't like stuff on my pizza, except ricotta cheese from the place we order from (that's dollops of ricotta on a regular sauce/mozzarella pizza, thin crust of course!) - Yummy!!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's just about the stupidest thing I've heard all week. Gender flavored pizzas.

Comment

And I always thought it was anchovies that gave manly pizzas their salty taste.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Apparently, I'm a woman. Who knew.

Comment

Hmmm... I've always had a thing for Hawaiian, cheeseburger, and vegetarian...
                        *looks back up to check lists* Hmmm... female...
                        *this is my surprised face*
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I don't think it's stupid at all. It's funny when you hear about stuff like that, but every product appeals to a different demographic. Even food.

Me? I love pepperoni, cheese, olive, mushroom, and I once tried a taco pizza that was really good.

The kind of pizzas I don't like, however, would be supreme and "lust"(meatlover's for those who haven't read the previous posts). Meat on meat, to me, is just gross.
                          Check out my cosplay social group!
                          http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Me I love pepperoni on my pizza usually double pepperoni with bacon. Mmmm I love a manly pizza.
                            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I like my pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and onions.

I also like the taco pizza they make on occasion at work.

:shuffling off now:
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X