This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday was my last night at Lowe's

Yup. I quit. I was torn between keeping the job part time, or giving my notice.
    I talked to some friends at work that know my situation and they both told me to quit.
    "You don't owe anything to this place," they said. "You've been here over a year and you're still part time. You need to look out for yourself, and your daughter."

So when I came back from lunch, I talked to the MOD. He was shocked that I was leaving, but when I told him about the new job, he didn't blame me. He asked that I "make it official" by writing a letter of resignation. This was around 6:00 p.m.

An hour later, coworkers were coming up to me wishing me well. Word spread quickly that I was leaving. I also learned that two other coworkers were leaving that night, and that 4 other people gave a 2 week notice.

I made sure that my department was cleaned up and stocked. I didn't pull any pranks, or make a mess for the opening guy. I couldn't do that to them. They are a good crew.

I'll miss a few things: The people there are awesome. I worked with a great bunch of people, and I wish them the best. I made some good friends there, and I told them that we had better keep in touch, or I'm going to kick their respective asses. I'll miss some of the regular customers. Some of the contractors are crazier than I am.
    The thing I'll miss the most is the scenery. Hot women in short shorts, tank tops, sun dresses, some of the cashiers... You know, single guy stuff. Sometimes the paint desk was like a construction site. "Hey, look at her over there! I'd like to paint that!" Yeah, we were pigs sometimes.

I've been in retail for so long, I don't know what to expect.
    Normal hours, great pay, weekends off, anything that's even remotely a holiday off and paid, great benefits... I'll be in a euphoric state for a while.

I won't have many SC stories, though. I won't be dealing with the public. YAY!
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Congratulations on moving on. Best of luck with the new job.

Comment

Hey, congrats!

Best of luck with your new job!
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I think you made the right choice.

Good Luck on the new job! Enjoy your weekends!

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X