This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restocking Fee

For those of you who have restocking fees for customers who return items, how much is it? My company sells diabetic testing supplies, and if a member sends them back unopened, we will refund their money, minus a 15% restocking fee. A woman who called last week complained that it was too high.

*snicker* I saw the thread title and thought someone was returning a cartload of sport socks or something
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

me too lol.... i was trying to figure out why you would charge people for wearing their socks more than once.....

Comment

Fixed!

Rapscallion

Comment

15%... and yes people complain all the time. But I explain to them kindly that we take a 20% hit just on reselling the merchandise, not to mention the hit we take on fixing the item.
          When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

$25 flat rate, as long as you have the phone and it is in "saleable" condition.

So, you can buy a phone, take the battery, charger, data cable, and anything else and just return the phone for $25.

That's a cheap way to get a battery and charger or if you want to ebay them...
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

For my company, it depends on the item and the customer and the mood of the sales person or manager.

In most cases that have restocking fees, it's a flat 20%. We don't actually charge restocking fees in most cases.

We had one customer that was a problem case, and for them we listed a 50% restocking fee for any returns when we quote them.

Another customer is quoted as "non-returnable, non-refundable" except in cases where the parts are defective. They have a habit of buying either the wrong thing a lot or buying parts before they get the sale, and then returning them when they don't get it.

And one particular customer was quoted a 100% restocking fee, which was stated at the time of the quote. They actually returned the product! I think they just wanted to stick us with the shipping fees, but now we have the opportunity to sell the item again.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

25% restock fee which is pretty standard for the industry.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Why would they have a restocking fee on unopened medical supplies? I can see if they were opened, used, then returned for a refund. Places like Best Buy have a restocking fee for returned merchandise that was opened, and much of the time, no returns on anything like CD's, DVD's, or computer software. The same rule applies to those who buy things like digital and video cameras because of thieves who buy this stuff, rather, "rent" this stuff for a wedding, vacation, funeral, what have you. Or, they play that computer game, play that CD or DVD, then burn themselves a copy, claiming it was bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X