This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Job, How I Hate Thee

I worked on saturday and it was hell busy, i had to send a coworker home because she had done her back in and was in extreme pain, i found people to cover the shift but i still got in trouble from the DM for sending her home The poor woman was in pain, there was no way she could finish a 9 hour shift like that.

Anyway apparantly Sunday was worse that Saturday, one of our stores in another suburb their registers broke down so they were running on only 3 registers so every customer flooded our store and we just couldn't cope with the onslaught, our express lane line was from here to frickin Timbuktoo, and the large registers had at least 7 people lined up behind each one

One customer had her camera out and was taking pictures of the line ups so she could complain and another lady was complaining that there were not enough stock on the shelves, that's because people were taking them faster that we could fill them you stupid wench

It was quieter today, schools back in now so thats good.

If I went into a store with a situation like that, I'd either stay and deal with it or leave and come back another time.

However, both of those options are what rational people might do...and they would deprive SCs of the right to complain. My bad.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One customer had her camera out and was taking pictures of the line ups so she could complain and another lady was complaining that there were not enough stock on the shelves, that's because people were taking them faster that we could fill them you stupid wench
      You just know that when those pictures make their way up to corporate, the suits will apologize profusely, dish out all kinds of freebies and gift cards to her, and promise to put the fear of God into management to make sure there are always enough cashiers.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        and promise to put the fear of God into management to make sure there are always enough cashiers.
        ah but not enough payroll hours or money to hire/pay them
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          ah but not enough payroll hours or money to hire/pay them
          No problemo! Just pull people off the salesfloor or the backroom to run registers!

And then piss and moan when the salesfloor looks like utter shit and other tasks are not being done!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
          X