This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh

I already want a new job, and I will be looking for one.

sorry, I'll elaborate later, I just needed to get that off my chest.

ok. now to explain.

I posted on here about getting a big project done at my new job, but how after it I had nothing to do.

Well, that hasn't changed. I still basically have nothing to do, at all. Because of that, I spend most of my day trying to think of what someone in my position would do, but that's just led to more headaches.

Whenever I approach my bosses with an idea, they usually tell me they already did it, weeks before they hired me, but just never told me about it. How the fuck am I supposed to get shit done for them when they won't tell me how much they've gotten done-- or what they want me to do?

Meanwhile, I'm still not working there enough hours in the week. Ideally I'd pick up at least 4 more, but I'm open to 10, but they keep weird hours and won't let me work different ones. Have you ever heard of a political operation that shuts down before people get home from work? Candidates and politicians have jobs too, they're not out there shaking hands and kissing babies all fucking day.

Aside from that, they gave me an email address, but one that can only send emails within the office. That's just fucking grating on me. The last time I had a limited email account I was still wishing I'd see boobies one day. Other than that, they've got a database, but they won't let me use it. Seriously, what the fuck? I'd rather not know about it than not have access to it, and not have an email account rather than have a baby one. Who the fuck would take me seriously if they asked for an email address for me and I had to give them my bosses'? Certainly not any respectable candidate, campaign, or organiztion.

The thing that set me off today was my boss telling me for the first time today that no one was going to be in the office the entire next week. All I could do was stare at him, and it seemed to make him confused. Well guy, why the fuck wouldn't I be staring at you, after you told me on my last work day that next week I won't be getting a paycheck? This is the third time they've sprung something on me like that way sooner than they should have. The only good thing is my other boss gave the ok for me to come in next week, some of the secretaries will still be in.

That did it. My sister asked me the other day why I still worked there if I was so frustrated with it, and I told her, honestly, it makes for an excellent line on my resume. In a normal job like this, I'd be learning new skills, improving old ones, making better contacts, basically climbing the next step on the long staircase. Now, though, as much as I dislike the idea of stepping one rung down--to having a non-political job while volunteering at the same time instead of being paid for gaining experience--taking that backward step is alot more appealing to staying put and doing nothing.

Volunteer campaign staff here I come! (if not all of those positions have already been filled)
    Last edited by NoodleBoy; 07-13-2007, 02:23 AM. Reason: updated

Hey, while you're sitting there twiddling your thumbs, update your resume and start addressing envelopes...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

To steal a line from Scott Adams - "Build a better life by stealing office supplies".

Now, before I get thrown to the wolves, let me explain.

A nicely formatted resume from a laser printer with a high-grade envelope is always a good thing to put in the mail. Even if it does not go postal mail, you've got plenty of time to work on it.

Or, when it's quiet, there's always the phone and a phonebook handy.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
      X