This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey...what's that smell...?

Do people not realize that mechanics have to enter your car to fix it?!? Have you no sense of dignity?!?

Er, backstory: I work in a car dealership in the parts departement. Ergo, I deal with mechanics, the Loveliest People On The Planet. *forced smile*

A tech comes up to the parts counter, bitching and moaning about this chicks car. (He assumed that it was a chick due to the "tanning lotion" and "girly crap" in the car.) He was complaining about the smell in this girls car and how it reeked of weed, had Sublime blasting on the stereo when he got in the car, and was a general mess. He couldn't help but wonder why you would smoke weed in the car if you're just going to bring it to the shop the next day.

(As an aside, the rim was bent and tire damaged because it had hit a rim. As such, the tech was wondering if the two things--rim damage and weed smell--are related.)
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Re: Weed smell & bent rim. Relation is unlikely. Most potheads who drive tend to be super careful and are likely to not be going fast enough to do damage to a rim.

Of course, if she was on anything else while smoking and driving, then all bets are off.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ewwwwwwwwwwww...Sublime???

Nothing GOOD?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I see (and smell) that kind of thing CONSTANTLY. Sometimes I have to open all the doors and step away from the car for a few minutes.

It's amazing to me, that people either don't think we'll notice, or they don't care. I've found bags of weed in people's glove boxes, more than once, too, while I've been working on their cars.

I haven't turned anyone away because of it yet, but it's been a near thing. It's not like I want to go around smelling like that for the rest of the day, either.
        Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

We used to "cloud 9" or "clam bake" in my car at lunch at highschool. I'd park away from any security cameras and my friends and I would always smoke up at lunch.

But I always got rid of the smell before going home or having anyone else be able to smell the inside of my car!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Re: Weed smell & bent rim. Relation is unlikely. Most potheads who drive tend to be super careful and are likely to not be going fast enough to do damage to a rim.

Of course, if she was on anything else while smoking and driving, then all bets are off.

^-.-^
            You can transport drugs in the tires. ^^;

Comment

True, (So I've been told...) but I wonder if she the type of smoker who needs to be constantly baked. As such, she can "forget" that she's high, and become more reckless, while still having a slower reaction time.

At any rate, she'd have to be going at a really good clip to bend a rim and flatten the tire--the tie rod on that side was shot, too.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Ewwwwwwwwwwww...Sublime???

Nothing GOOD?

That's one of the things that the tech and I were joking about--all he had to say was that Sublime was in the CD player and the rest was implied.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Shit, you're spot on regarding that matter. Seven miles per hour directly down the center line, you see it around here all the time. Makes me laugh when I see those public service announcements what claim pot causes more accidents than alcohol.
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                  Shit, you're spot on regarding that matter. Seven miles per hour directly down the center line, you see it around here all the time. Makes me laugh when I see those public service announcements what claim pot causes more accidents than alcohol.
                  This thread reminds me of a relevant quote from Black Sheep when Chris Farley and David Spade are in the cop car after the Nitrous has entered through the back seat:

Motorcycle Cop: Tell me, officer, do you have any idea how fast you were going?
                  Mike: Well, I got a 426 hemi here, 3/4 cams, nitro boosters, I can get 'er up to as good as 155! Never do, though, of course, unless I'm chasing a cute chick in a Ferrari! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess I was goin' about... 65, tops.
                  Motorcycle Cop: SEVEN! SEVEN miles an hour! And normally, when I stop people, they pull onto the *shoulder*!
                  Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Goes the other way too sometimes... we just had to complain to the local dealership because when we got the car back after it was serviced, the car REEKED of some horrible cologne. Whoever drove the car round to the service bay had to have absolutley marinated in Axe. I have some perfume sensitivities that if they were any worse, might have made this a Very Bad Thing, so that's why we complained. (Luckily I was OK with the window down).

Comment

^-.-^
                      *SNK*

*SNERK*

BWAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

Uh.. Pot hits people differantly. Some get mellow, some get hyper, some get silly. ALL get a bit... distracted. You don't have to be going over 30 to damage a rim.. TRUST ME

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                        Uh.. Pot hits people differantly. Some get mellow, some get hyper, some get silly. ALL get a bit... distracted. You don't have to be going over 30 to damage a rim.. TRUST ME
                        I did say "most" didn't I?

And trust me, I know all about pot hitting people differently. I have absolutely no reaction whatsoever. One of my brother's friends freaked out and started hyperventillating because he'd "forgotten how to breathe." This was the same guy that "lost" his hands at a concert once and when he found them five minutes later had to show them to us and tell us all about it.

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                        At any rate, she'd have to be going at a really good clip to bend a rim and flatten the tire--the tie rod on that side was shot, too.
                        And I do have to revise my statement about speed and rims. I totally blanked out the fact that I took out two rims and a steering assembly plus ball joint in an accident where I was doing a whopping whole 40 miles per hour.

That particular spot on the freeway was so bad that the highway patrol had to ferry us off of where we were to the next offramp, and while on the way (to the very next offramp, mind) the car we were in had to push a disabled vehicle from another accident to the right shoulder, and while we were doing that there was a call about yet another accident. I made a comment about it being a "busy night" and the officer driving said it was actually about normal for that stretch of road.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X