This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some IKEA help!

So right now I really wanna scream. A few weeks ago I bought an IKEA bed. I'm very familiar with the IKEA concept so I know that sometimes theres more than one box and things are sold seperatly and such. So I buy the bed (just one box) and the bed slats which are seperate. Anyway fast forward a few weeks and now in Colorado not Maryland. As we were putting together the bed I realized we were missing a piece - the midbeam, can't do anything without it. Called IKEA this morning and they said its sold seperatly and cost $10 plus $15 to ship. I just got on the website and it says:
    Quote:
    good to know
    HAMAR midbeam keeps your mattress in place and secures the cross-braces. It is included in the price, but is packaged separately.

So now I just wanna scream. I don't know whats what and I'm really frustrated that the cashier didn't think to say anything. Whether or not it was included in the price you cant use the bed without it.

So now I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Any help would be great.

Try customer service. It's a longshot due to SC's abusing the system, but it's worth a phonecall at least.

Comment

I thought I said this but customer service is the one that gave me the $25 price. But I will call again in the morning.

Comment

Make sure you point out the website where it says "included"

Comment

Call them back and read them what it says on the website. It doesn't make sense to sell a piece separately that is necessary to use the bed. Packaged separately I can understand; sometimes you can't fit everything in one box, but sold separately? That's weird.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well actually, you said you called IKEA, not IKEA's CS. Some people just call the store and ask for help. Try a manager at the CS. It should be policy to offer that part, ideally, it should pop up on the register.

Comment

Ikea is great, but the seperate packaged (needed) items and HUGE shipping costs are a killer. We have one opening next month near us.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quote:
                good to know
                HAMAR midbeam keeps your mattress in place and secures the cross-braces. It is included in the price, but is packaged separately.
                Which should mean you get the midbeam for free with the purchase of the bed. I think you're being fed a line of BS.

I'd call IKEA's customer support line (not the store you purchased the bed from) and tell them what the Web site says.

At my store we have a pedestal dining table where the table top and the pedestal base are packed in separate cartons, you need both of them for assembly and you get both pieces for the price. That is what should happen here.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Is the frame one where you can use box springs and do without the midbeam?

I have the one metal one from them, but instead of doing the slats thing I have a regular set of box springs+mattress (that I luckily got for free from friends who were buying new) and haven't had a problem. But I know not all of the beds are like that.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X