This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad product alert: Beer pong kits!

While backstocking freight from today's truck I noticed a new product: Party Pong. Everything you need to start a game of party pong at your next party, intimate socail gathering or business meeting.

The instructions only mention generic "drinks" but we know everybody who buys it will play Beer Pong with it.

Our buyers are living proof that crack does not smoke itself.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Business meeting???!!!

Please tell me it doesn't really say that on the box...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It doesn't. I used some creative license. But wouldn't it be awesome if it did?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        It doesn't. I used some creative license. But wouldn't it be awesome if it did?
        I was hoping that was the case. And knowing you, I figured it probably was.

But yeah, that would be awesome
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Our buyers are living proof that beer is not drunk by itself.
          **Edited for accuracy**

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

What ever happened to a package of Solo Cups and a Ping-Pong ball? I mean, do you really need a kit for beer pong? I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to play, has cups and a ball to play, and the beverage of choice. No kit needed.
            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

My friend has one of those kits. I told him it was the stupidest thing I ever saw.
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
                My friend has one of those kits. I told him it was the stupidest thing I ever saw.
                Now you've angered the gods, they'll send down a muse to inspire an even stupider product.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

that's a good idea, for people who have enough money they want to waste it on a beer pong set, instead of buying a $2 pack of ping pong balls and using their plastic cups at home

no, seriously, it does sound like a cute idea. I love the shot checkers sets.

Comment

What about that 'Electric Skipping Rope' for people who are too un-coordinated to skip with a jumprope/piece of long whatever? (Though that may have been mentioned in chat, and not on the forum actual...)

And about the 'Beer Pong' kit... is it repulsively expensive compared to the simple, fun version?
                    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                    - Order from the menu.
                    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

At my last business meeting, we played Quarter Bounce and Three Man.
                      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Why doesn't Flip Cup ever get any respect when talking of drinking games? That was my favorite, and it was a team sport.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                          What ever happened to a package of Solo Cups and a Ping-Pong ball? I mean, do you really need a kit for beer pong? I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to play, has cups and a ball to play, and the beverage of choice. No kit needed.
                          But this way, some company can sell it for 10 times the price of buying the individual components themselves.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only pong I know is the old computer game.

Can someone explain this to me?
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Games like Beer Pong and Tippy Cup are popular with high school and college aged kids......and I guess, midlife crisis men as well (that dirty bastard maintenance man was trying to flirt with me again, bragging about how him and his buddies play beer pong once a week and get "totally wasted").

I don't play those games. I don't know the rules.

I play drinking card games like "Fuck the dealer" "suicide" and "bullshit". "Bullshit" is a hundred times more fun when alcohol is involved. You make a person drink if they call a false bullshit or if they get caught bullshitting. If you're all drunk when you start playing, you'll all just call BS at the wrong time.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X