This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I be mad to return to retail?

I have a new job working in a government dept which is a great. Nice office job, no smelly customers, decent pay & excellent benefits...but a bit of extra cash is no bad thing and it would be nice to do something a bit creative too so I was thinking of a part-time job which is flexible too.

Last time I worked in the Civil Service I was able to do some optional weekend overtime (£20 an hour, double pay!) but just in case I don't have the option this week I was thinking of signing up to the Estee Lauder Bureau. The pay would be a lot less as it's retail (about £6-£7 an hour I think)

Here is the blurb:
    "The Lauder Bureau provides fully trained staff for the diverse portfolio of brands within the Estee Lauder Group of Companies. Established 18 years ago, it is a unique in-house agency that recruits both full and part-time beauty consultants to work in various department stores in the London and surrounding M25 area.

As a mobile beauty consultant, you will be responsible for selling an extensive range of products in skincare, makeup and fragrance in order to achieve specific retail targets whilst covering for days off, holidays, absence, major promotions and the Christmas trading period.

The Lauder Bureau has ongoing opportunities for dynamic and hardworking people who are looking to become part of one of the major companies in the cosmetic industry. If you have the desire, interest and ability to deliver excellent customer service, a love of selling and being a great team player we offer the flexibility of temporary work to suit individual requirements, full brand training and a salary paid on a weekly basis."

Has anyone else done anything similar? I love cosmetics and use their products and the group also has companies such as MAC and Clinique.
    Last edited by AirHostess; 10-04-2007, 07:22 PM.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

I know someone who used to do something similar for Clarins. She worked her way up the company and now does something in management. Mind you, she gets to interview potential staff members. Some of the stories she has to tell have made company urban legends. Maybe I should direct her here ...
    Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

Comment

Working...
    X